• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Jermaine

Help with fishing trip

Jermaine

Hello everyone. 

I am somewhat new to fishing, and have instantly fell in love with it.  Some friends and I decided to take a fishing trip Wednesday June 13th, and I'm looking for a great spot to get a lot of action. We will be fishing off the shore, so we are thinking  about Lake Andrew in the Alexandria area. Is this a good place to go? We don't want to travel more than 2.5 -3 hours outside of the Twin Cities, so if Lake Andrew is not a good spot, where would you all recommend that is outside Minneapolis, but not more than a 2.5 3 hr drive. Your suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

leech~~
7 hours ago, Jermaine said:

Hello everyone.

I am somewhat new to fishing, and have instantly fell in love with it.  Some friends and I decided to take a fishing trip Wednesday June 13th, and I'm looking for a great spot to get a lot of action. We will be fishing off the shore, so we are thinking  about Lake Andrew in the Alexandria area. Is this a good place to go? We don't want to travel more than 2.5 -3 hours outside of the Twin Cities, so if Lake Andrew is not a good spot, where would you all recommend that is outside Minneapolis, but not more than a 2.5 3 hr drive. Your suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

What kind of fish are you going to be targeting?  That may help others with some ideas.  Have you thought about may be renting a boat at one of the resorts in the area?

Borch

Might also want to consider one if the rivers in the area if fishing from shore.  Most provide opportunities for bass, walleye, pike, catfish, carp, suckers and panfish.  

Jermaine

I have only caught croppies and a few small mouth bass, but to be honest I am open to pretty much anything other than carp. I haven't thought about renting a boat, though that sounds like a good idea. Like I said in my previous post, I am new to fishing, so all I have been basically doing is putting a croppie hook on my line, with croppie minnows at Fort Snelling.

BobT

Aren't there some great spots along the Mississippi south of the TC? I'm not familiar with that part of the state but it seems I've heard things.