• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Wanderer

My wife was so kind as to buy me a net for our Anniversary.  I pointed it out and apparently she didn’t have a better idea for a gift.  OK by me!

But Holy Hannah, I think it get a bigger every time I look at it.  It’s a 48 inch Frabill Ultimate Musky and Big Game net.  It has me wondering if it’s overkill.

What are others using?  I haven’t seen a cradle net for a long time.  Have those gone by the wayside?

gimruis

I have a Beckman Muskie Net.  Its abnormally large too.  The hoop is huge and netting is very deep.  For years I thought it was over kill too because I never caught anything big enough that was worth using it for and it always takes up a lot of space in my boat...until last year when I boated 8 muskies and I was glad I had this net for 5 of them, plus a couple of very large pike.  Believe me, if and when you land a large ESOX, you will be glad you had it.  For every other trip that you take and don't use it, you'll wonder why its taking up so much space in your boat.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wanderer

Well, we netted a half dozen fish with the new net and I think I like it.  The biggest was a 45 and everything worked out real nice.

Bringing the fish in was easy and then laying the net handle across the gun wale of the boat was enough to keep the fish and bag in the water and in pretty straight shape to work with.  Even with my 40 that needed the hooks cut off, the fish was completely in the water the whole time.  The only time any were out of the water was for a quick measure and photos.  No twisted gnarled mesh to deal with for the most part either.

It proved to be worth the space!

• Thumbs Up 2

gimruis

Your lucky you got use of yours so quickly.  Mine literally didn't get used for about 12 years even though I brought it with every time I went after big fish.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wanderer

You bet!  And I know it! 😁

D68A91CB-94D4-47B9-9914-8C6D73C9AF37.thumb.jpeg.9dbc70efb964bf69ccb4da63a13c4850.jpeg

88AD1D64-90F4-4E26-AE7C-FEB7C62828A4.thumb.jpeg.32877e4ea5b898274536e04c44955a4b.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3

gimruis

Mine got used on Saturday.

6-23-18 tiger.jpg

6-23-18 tiger vertical.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Wanderer

My, that’s a pretty fish!