• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

mrpike1973

Catfish locations on the horseshoe chain?

mrpike1973

Any one mind telling me have they been shallow or deeper water? Going tomorrow for a bit. I doubt there spawning yet correct?

Rick G

Water is still a bit cool for channels to start spawning.  Looking for water remps in the low 70s to trigger spawn. 

I would continue to look shallow.... best bet is down trees or brush piles close to shoreline. Slip bobber/ leech or fathead?

• Thumbs Up 1

mrpike1973

Thanks Rick! just wanted a general idea where to start. I have not bobber fished much for cats before will give it a try thanks again.

Rick G
50 minutes ago, mrpike1973 said:

Thanks Rick! just wanted a general idea where to start. I have not bobber fished much for cats before will give it a try thanks again.

Some of my best days for numbers have come from fishing a float and meat.  It's a very effective method for covering alot of water fast. Give each area roughly 10-15min, make multiple casts to fallen trees or brush piles.  If nothing bites, move to the next spot. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Whiskerbent

Rick when you say “shallow” are you saying brush in as little as 2-4 feet?  And can a guy be productive in those spots even during the day?  I typically do well daytime fishing the cats on mid depth flats in the spring (usually 6-12ft) but have a hard time finding them once the weeds come in.  I always want to get out and pull lindys with cut bait on the break lines mid summer just haven’t gotten around to it.  Guess maybe I actually need to move shallower

mrpike1973

Good advice here and thanks Rick got out for a couple hours got 3-4 cats but got real windy and had to cut it short.

IceHawk

Guys you want cats fish the river section from the 23 bridge to the 49 bridge caught 15 in a hr Sunday in that stretch rigging for eyes. All that was needed is a live bait rig and a crawler couldn't keep them off, 

• Thumbs Up 2

Borch

Later in the summer I've caught a lot fishing for bass pitching into the brush and vegetation on the shorelines.  Even got a few on buzz baits in the pads.

Whiskerbent
1 hour ago, Borch said:

Later in the summer I've caught a lot fishing for bass pitching into the brush and vegetation on the shorelines.  Even got a few on buzz baits in the pads.

That’s crazy, I guess I never realized they would be up that shallow.  

Mike89
2 hours ago, Borch said:

fall fishing is when I like doing that!!!