• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

paceman

Last night my son and out went out for quick panfish trip to a local lake after dinner. Did not have any live bait but we usually do well tossing small jigs/plastics. Surprisingly we were the only boat at the landing and the only boat out fishing on this heavily developed lake. It did not take us long to find the huge sunnies. They were really stacked in 4-6'. The lake was pretty calm and we could hundreds of them swimming under the boat. We didn't stay there long but they were very aggressive. I had one that touched 10" and a few others over 9. We did not keep any. Looking for active crappies we went to spot number 2. Again going super shallow we could see quite a few in 2-3' around there beds. They of course were pretty spooky and did not like the boat being so close. We backed out and tossed into and around lilly pads. We ended up catching about a dozen. All released. I wish I wouldn't have left my phone in the truck as I would have loved to get a picture. Just amazing how black they are right now! Again didn't stay very long. Just a quick trip to scratch the itch..

huntnfish

I made it out last Sunday and did some searching for walleye. The search didn't produce any walleyes, just northerns and smallies. The water temp on the main lake was 58-59 with the bays being about 5 degrees warmer. The people I have talked to have had similar issues finding the eyes. We missed some fish that left the shiner all chewed up. Most of the fish marked were out in that 18-21 foot range which seemed pretty deep for this early. It could have been Saturday's cold front that pushed them a little deeper though. 

paceman

Made it out last Thursday morning, did very well on area lake pulling shiners. limited out on nice eyes. Went crappie fishing Friday afternoon at noon with son and a neighbor kid. Did awesome pitching plastics into 4-5 feet. Spent the rest of the weekend turkey hunting, graduations a deck work. Need to get back out soon......

bbfenatic

Been chasing crappies quite a bit with mixed success.  They did not stay shallow long but that was a fun bite while it lasted.  Now getting them out in that 7-10' range out from the spawning areas....they will be moving to the cabbage soon once it matures a little more.  Best presentation I've had success on is the Strike King Crappie Thunder plastic pink/chartruese on a 1/16oz VMC UV moon eye jig.  All the lakes I have been on are super clear and less weed growth than normal for some reason.   Tight lines...Be Safe!

Chill62

Greetings,  Sorry I haven't been posting lately something happened and I could view but I couldn't reply to any topics.  Rick got me fixed now so we are all good.  With that being said I don't know how many people know there is a premium membership which gives you access to more detailed reports and I am one of the people who will be contributing to those reports.

I suck at walleye fishing and have only touched one so far this year and it was my girlfriends 18.25" which had to instantly go back into the lake.  I have tried a ton but haven't had one into the boat.  Hearing it has switched to a crawler or a leech bite and a lot of action under bobbers lately. 

Lately I have been trout fishing and been doing really well.  We've caught a lot of nice eaters which have been tasting amazing and also been catching some big boys for the smoker.  I've caught 2-22" ones being the biggest so far this season.  

Blue gill action has been on fire!  They are either tight to the reeds or hugging the edge of the weed lines.  Soft plastics and live bait have been working well for both  I'm hoping to get out soon and start focusing on catch and release only for those big gills.  

bbfenatic

Many of you FM long termers remember FisherDog from way back...he used to post all the time before he moved to Florida.  He was up for a couple days this past week and we got on a good crappie bite in the area, he is a Crappie Guru and man we worked hard but had fun...boated well over 100 in 2 days on the outside weed edges...many absolute Donkeys. Kept a few smaller ones so he could have a fish fry for his family...couple of pics...he's in the blue shirt.

735084487_bigppeter1(2).jpg.8ecbf2da4b13b1b1f6051a05dc81f4c5.jpg

1176965094_bigppeter2(2).jpg.5b4dd0968e55de4e5d0a197fde833615.jpg

• Like 3

Chill62

Awesome...Always was wondering what happened to him on here.  Sounds like the crappies are on fire back home and here I'm working day 9 straight

paceman

I have been out a few times this past week. Catching a few crappies here and there, loads of nice sunnies. The lakes are super busy with the hot weather and pleasure boaters. Lake temps are in the low 80's. Monday night My son and I were pulling spinners and gulp when he caught this old skinny 30.5" eye. We put here back and will get a replica mount for him. He was so excited!

Jack 30.5 eye.jpg

• Like 3

Borch

I bet he was excited!  Congrats!

On 7/16/2018 at 6:10 PM, bbfenatic said:

Many of you FM long termers remember FisherDog from way back...he used to post all the time before he moved to Florida.  He was up for a couple days this past week and we got on a good crappie bite in the area, he is a Crappie Guru and man we worked hard but had fun...boated well over 100 in 2 days on the outside weed edges...many absolute Donkeys. Kept a few smaller ones so he could have a fish fry for his family...couple of pics...he's in the blue shirt.

735084487_bigppeter1(2).jpg.8ecbf2da4b13b1b1f6051a05dc81f4c5.jpg

1176965094_bigppeter2(2).jpg.5b4dd0968e55de4e5d0a197fde833615.jpg

How's Pete doing?  Nice crappies!