• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

SkunkedAgain

Over the winter, my family acquired some snorkel gear. I know that Vermilion isn't a great lake for clarity, and certainly my bay is at the bottom of the list. However, are there areas of the lake that have decent clarity?

delcecchi
10 hours ago, SkunkedAgain said:

Over the winter, my family acquired some snorkel gear. I know that Vermilion isn't a great lake for clarity, and certainly my bay is at the bottom of the list. However, are there areas of the lake that have decent clarity?

I have snorkeled on head o lakes (off our beach) and it is usually ok.   Not Hawaii clear but 5 to 10 feet visibility....  OK, maybe 10 is a stretch, but pretty good.

guideman

You need to go west or perhaps north of Pine island if you don't want to go that far. ;) 

"Ace" ;) 

"It's just fishing man" :) 

delcecchi
1 hour ago, guideman said:

You need to go west or perhaps north of Pine island if you don't want to go that far. ;) 

"Ace" ;) 

"It's just fishing man" :) 

My beach be west for sure.  

SkunkedAgain

Well I found a random bay on the east end where everything came shallow and was out of the way. We anchored and went swimming but the underwater view was underwhelming. There was some wind so the waves cut down on visibility. When right next to the rocky shore, I could see the bottom pretty well. I didn't see any fish but saw a lot of rustys scurry into the rocks when I floated by. One of them was brave, came forward and waved his claw at me. Due to the distortion of the water, it seemed like he was going to pinch of a nipple so I jumped. It got me laughing though so it made the experience more enjoyable.

I'll keep looking for a clear bay on a calm day! Thanks all.

• Thumbs Up 1