• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wright county: annandale boat inspection program will harm local economies

Here is a link to the latest on The Wright County AIS program. 
http://www.co.wright.mn.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1057
It is dead for now. They may try to spin this in the future, so watch for other clever ways they will try to privatize the lakes. 
See the full board discussion in the video replay, the boat inspection topic starts at 1:49:50 

Here is a link to the latest on The Wright County AIS program. 
http://www.co.wright.mn.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1057
It is dead for now. They may try to spin this in the future, so watch for other clever ways they will try to privatize the lakes. 
See the full board discussion in the video replay, the boat inspection topic starts at 1:49:50 

These guys talked about an educational program, but last single site inspection program was not an educational program. It was mainly designed to restrict boat access to special lakes. If they wanted a individual inspection program it could be done through adult education systems in the county.

On 3/25/2019 at 8:12 AM, MinDak Hunter said:

I’ve been to a bunch of these meetings and according to the Wright Co. SWCD the DNR is required by law to ratify the plan once it comes together and meets the requirements in State Statutes. I haven’t looked it up myself but that’s what was told to the Commissioners. 

From my understanding of the situation, The DNR has final veto power over whatever the county does in regard to county AIS programs funded with state tax dollars. No county AIS program that fails to meet DNR approval can be implemented. 

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Please contact  your state representative as the program has been added as an amendment legislatively of the senate floor 4/23 without any committee input or discussion and was pass by the senate.  It will be voted on soon by the house.  This totally works around the dnr management or input.  Follow Facebook link for more information. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2382782005285036&id=1593672207529357

Here is the language from the bill.

FB_IMG_1556192455440.thumb.jpg.f5b0eb45e32faafcfcc08448d94fb625.jpg

Yikes:  is there an easy way to email all the reps without clicking individually on each rep?  Or are y'all just emailing the rep from your district?

Here is a link with information for members who are on the Environment and Natural Resouce Policy committee. 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1501474759942534?view=permalink&id=2183284585094878

They will have input that the house members will likely consider. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Borch:  this helps!

I emailed the whole committee--hopefully one of them sees the ridiculousness in this.

Basically:  

1.)  the DNR set up a pilot.  

2.)  The DNR analyzed their results and refused to enlarge the scope of the pilot

3.)  Legislature will, if passing this amendment, force the DNR expand a program that their own conclusions did NOT support expanding.  (* this is the time to insert your own clever comments about government doing stupid things contrary to evidence...)

Anyone that enjoys using the numerous MN lakes with public accesses NEEDS to take an active roll in this--let's overwhelm the server with emails from concerned fishers!; If we don't, I worry more and more lakes (associations) will place more and more barriers (in the "name" of AIS) to practically make the public lakes private...

I am an out of state fisherman that enjoys Minnesota fishing.  I'm there several times a year and spend plenty of money there.  I understand AIS but there is no proof it is coming from boats and not waterfowl.  This is an economy killer.  If it becomes a chore to go fishing people will go elsewhere and take their money with them.  Wisconsin has great fishing too, but I love MN.  If it becomes work I'll seek Wisconsin Lakes. Keep after em guys and good luck.  You have out of state support as well.

All -

The Wright County Coalition of Lake Associations is the big supporter of this regional inspection program.  They just sent out another "canned" email for all members to send to Senator Bruce Anderson and Representative Marion O' Neill.  Hopefully this link will take you to the canned email.  Respond as you see fit.

http://www.congressweb.com/mlra/45/

What a crock of s#*t.  Their purported success of catching 18 contaminated watercraft entering already infested lakes is laughable!  If you want to stop the spread of AIS inspect the boats as they LEAVE infested waters.  This is nothing more than a ploy by lake assn. members to restrict activity on “their lakes”.

• Thumbs Up 2

Now Bruce Anderson is pushing a omnibus bill that will give money to fund the complete program. Call your congress people. Vote NO,  Why should people in outstate Minnesota pay to keep people from enjoying our public waters.

• I Like it 2

• 5 weeks later...

Pulaski Lake is getting harder for fishing people to get on during the weekends, The locally paid crew will give you a hard time about a eel grass leave that was left on the trailer after going through the Decon site at Clearwater lake. 

Yet the big ski boats don't get a second look as they are new and pretty. Gee nothing but water in the bulk tanks for making high wave for their spoiled rats to pretend they can surf. I am streamed about our treatment to go out fishing the walleyes and bass.  yet almost get ran over by the tri-toon rigs with the 300hp motors. 

Seems the game warden Ricky is scared to really do anything, the lake wright sheriff boats will steak out  west and east sylvia, don't have to put up with the rich mommys sitting in court to waste everyones time. I saw so many boating rules busted on Sunday had I been able to write tickets My wrists would still be in a ice packs. 

12 yr old kids driving personal watercraft( jetskies).  others jumping wakes of ski boats, and somepeople just being brain dead. or drunk.  The fishing can be really go early morning and later evenings.  When you find the Crappies several have been over 14 Inches.  trolling walleyes after dark has always been good. But watch out those jet skies flying across the lake after sunset, in the dark.  Slow trolling plugs is getting nice fish.  Be safe, but catch them now as the lake group are looking for ways to TRY and keep the anglers off THEIR lake.  GRRRR

• Thumbs Up 1

Never had any trouble trying to get on pulaski,then again I usually stay away once the water warms and the crowds come out.

Jigginjim, I hear ya.  That sort of behavior from what I like to refer to as "recreational riff raff" seemingly never ends for most of the summer when its a nice day out.  I'm kinda surprised people are skiing/tubing/wakesurfing already though because the water is barely 60 degrees.

This is what I do in the summer to avoid them: go early in the morning and be outta there before noon, go when its inclement weather (rain or at least overcast, but not in a storm obviously), or stay home.  Not only that, but if you try to get out there when its raining or at least cloudy, the fishing is often better anyways.

In my opinion, the wake surfing boats are becoming the most intolerable.  They create massive waves that destruct and erode shorelines.  And they seem to just cruise past within casting distance of the boat like they're not causing a problem either.

• Thumbs Up 1

Noticed yesterday the orange signs that indicate a herbicide/pesticide was sprayed went up at the landing on a lake near Buffalo.Wright County lakeshore owners care so much for the lakes they have them sprayed with chemicals that kill things...

• Thumbs Up 2

In my opinion, the wake surfing boats are becoming the most intolerable.  They create massive waves that destruct and erode shorelines.  And the home owners of lake Pulaski are all up in arms because many people want a no wake zone, Yet the wake surfing boater on the refuse to think about the shoreline,  the millionaires don't care about you rock wall.  I have money I'll rebuild mine (without a DNR permit). Saw that last summer, 3 home owners put sand blanket on their beach no permit, but dnr tagged 4 shoreline owners, The 4th person never asked for it.

These people have not clue about the damage their $60,000 toys are causing.