• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bassbouncer, only the first 5 fish taken in pictures or can you replace  a smaller fish with a bigger one later?  The 44 lb winner is crazy; 8.8 lb/walleye average.

7 hours ago, JerkinLips said:

Bassbouncer, only the first 5 fish taken in pictures or can you replace  a smaller fish with a bigger one later?  The 44 lb winner is crazy; 8.8 lb/walleye average.

Catch as many as you can and the 5 largest count. I would say that their weight chart is skewed heavier than normal but it’s the same for everyone. In my opinion a 28” fish weighs 8# and their chart has it weighing over 9#. The winners had (3) 27-3/4, (1) 28-1/2, and a 26-3/4

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 2

5 over 26"  Wow!  I follow the Chaz Dobias  guide service posts and he guided and pre-fished up there for a couple weeks before the tourney.  5 over 26" is a good day for anyone though.  Good work for the winners.

Anyways has anybody been out this week? They still biting on crawlers?   Heading up tomorrow was wondering what I should grab for bait.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BigVwalters said:

5 over 26"  Wow!  I follow the Chaz Dobias  guide service facebook posts and he guided and pre-fished up there for a couple weeks before the tourney.  5 over 26" is a good day for anyone though.  Good work for the winners.

Anyways has anybody been out this week? They still biting on crawlers?   Heading up tomorrow was wondering what I should grab for bait.

I haven’t been out since the tournament but it was 100% leech bite for us. Top 5 used big minnows but both can be hard to find this time of year

• I Like it 1

17 hours ago, bassbouncer said:

I haven’t been out since the tournament but it was 100% leech bite for us. Top 5 used big minnows but both can be hard to find this time of year

Leech bite has been solid for me the entire month of July. Caught fish on crawlers too, but the bigger walleyes have all been on leeches.

Edited by chucker1101
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just heard that the son-in-law of the neighbor hit a musky with his boat.   Sounds like a pretty good sized one.   Presumably it had been released and wasn't feeling well. ☹️  More when I hear.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1

36 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Just heard that the son-in-law of the neighbor hit a musky with his boat.   Sounds like a pretty good sized one.   Presumably it had been released and wasn't feeling well. ☹️  More when I hear.

51 inches, basically straight off the end of my dock, a few hundred yards.   It is still floating out there off to the south west corner of our little bay.  Yummy roast musky.... ?

• Wow, ❤ 1

2 hours ago, delcecchi said:

51 inches, basically straight off the end of my dock, a few hundred yards.   It is still floating out there off to the south west corner of our little bay.  Yummy roast musky.... ?

Go get it Del! Let us s know how it turns out! ?

15 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Go get it Del! Let us s know how it turns out! ?

It would be unlawful to possess that fish

1 hour ago, delcecchi said:

It would be unlawful to possess that fish

Only until consumed. ?

That is the one disappointing thing about the extreme length regulations on keeping muskies.  Basically a 100% C&R fish no matter what happens.  Sometimes I think a tag system might be worth thinking about for a 1 per year limit.  For me it’s tough to release any fish that I know isn’t going to make it.  It happens from time to time no matter how careful you try to be.

In the end, whether you take it home or leave it float, the lake doesn’t care.  The bugs and crayfish do I suppose.

34 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Only until consumed. ?

That is the one disappointing thing about the extreme length regulations on keeping muskies.  Basically a 100% C&R fish no matter what happens.  Sometimes I think a tag system might be worth thinking about for a 1 per year limit.  For me it’s tough to release any fish that I know isn’t going to make it.  It happens from time to time no matter how careful you try to be.

In the end, whether you take it home or leave it float, the lake doesn’t care.  The bugs and crayfish do I suppose.

Yeah, but seriously what would a guy do with a 35 pound musky?   Fillet it and freeze 25 packages?   

Yeah, it seems like a waste but it has to be that way.

1 hour ago, SkunkedAgain said:

Is that a northern between your legs or were you just happy to.....

Yes.  I got 36 inches of swinging pike.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 2

Pretty slow for me last weekend but did manage a few eyes.  Got a couple in the niles bay area in the slot but still made for a good time.  Weather was great besides the rouge thunderstorm we had on Saturday. 

Any body been out this week?

VERY slow for me in the Frazer/Smarts Bay area over the last week using a Lindy and Crawler or leech. Actually been dreadfully slow (for me at least) for the past month....

• Thanks 1

Heading to West End on Taylor Island the end of August.  Anybody have any reports on walleye's or bass, whatever?

Thanks,

Dr. Bombay

Edited by Dr. Bombay

6 hours ago, Dr. Bombay said:

Heading to West End on Taylor Island the end of August.  Anybody have any reports on walleye's or bass, whatever?

Thanks,

Dr. Bombay

Bass been biting.   Northerns as well.  Walleye? No idea.  

• Thanks 1

James. Truth told it is a story of half truths.  If they wouldn’t go on the plugs. We went back and jig rapped em. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • I Like it 1

The end of last week I was really liking what I was seeing on the humminbird. Lots of fish and bait in the basin but just couldn't get them to rip.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

It would be nice if you guy's would mention what part of the lake you're on when doing the postings.  GPS coordinates would really be great?

• Wow, ❤ 1

23 hours ago, CigarGuy said:

It would be nice if you guy's would mention what part of the lake you're on when doing the postings.  GPS coordinates would really be great?

yeah, what he said.  At least which of the half dozen sections.   Big Bay seems to be quite different than Head-o-lakes

Trolling lead bite seems to be kicking in. Caught a nice limit of 17-19.5 last weekend. 

Edited by Fish Head
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • I Like it 1

• The title was changed to 2020-21 Lake Vermilion Fishing Reports
  • The title was changed to 2021 Lake Vermilion Fishing Reports
  • The topic was pinned