• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Surface Tension

Ice out was just days before the 2018 opener and like any opener finding the warm water was the ticket.

The warm days brought surface water to 55 degrees, we followed that to windblown areas into and onto shallow water with deeper water close by.    Casting a jig and minnow into the shallow water and retrieving it back to the boat put the bait in any of those zones the fish were using depending on time of day. We were after Walleyes but Pike and SM Bass were sharing the same areas.   Being so close to ice out the fish were negative and bite was light but our persistence payed off.

IMG_4135.JPG.72570058584947b8ea33bbeaf5e6e04a.JPG

IMG_4133.JPG.27b7691072ac97ad6873e6df95380e43.JPG

Biggest eye released was 26.5" but because of a dead battery failed to get a photo.

I'm not a big fan of SM Bass but when your catch'em like this, well I guess they're OK.

IMG_4144.JPG.435047a48458dce93fe461b848a68747.JPG

A few bigger Pike released in the 40" range and lots in the 30s.

Here Jr dwarfs me and my pike. Its all about camera angles. LOL

IMG_4137.JPG.c982e77503f56205a38ca8255a0f1e6e.JPG

• Like 3

osok

Looks like it was a successful outing ST. My boat probably  hates me as I haven't had it out for a swim yet. MAYBE, if I'm lucky I will be able to get out over Memorial weekend.

Thanks for the report.  

Harv

Saturday opener was great on Basswood for 3 of us.  Well, bitter sweet.  We brought 10 fish home; but due to the slot of only 1 over 20 inches we had to let 10 fish go.  Some  big eyes that afternoon

• Like 3