• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Minners79

Lots of fish seen coming out of Pug Hole going into the main lake (via headlamps). Trolled cranks but there was to much debris in the water, they kept fouling. 3 boats with 11 guys, 0 fish. 5 total boats on the water. 

PRO-V

Beats working. That's where I'm at now. Never did have much luck with cranks when the water is this cold in the spring.

Edited by PRO-V

Borch

I've done very well with cranks a few days after ice out but you need to be able to slow it down.   Debris is a big issue though.  Jigging does usually rule early though.

Hope you figure them out minners.

laportian

I fished out in front of Pughole late Saturday/Sunday night pitching jigs with really big fatheads. Glow jigs 3/8 oz and some 1/4 oz. I backed of shore a bit to about 8 feet and drifted. from 1 am to 4 am I got 20ish. Then on Monday day I went over to Andrusia and fished the southeastside break beyond the bridge and got 15 from 1 to 330. Backtrolled super slow dragging a 3/8 oz chartreuse jigs and big fatheads. Cass is to clear to fish in the day so we decided to head over there.

Minners79

Laportian, we basically fished the same areas you did but different times. Focused on Andrusia for Sat and Sunday day bites. Caught enough for meals both days (12 guys on Sat and 8 guys on Sun). Really had to work for them. We were dragging Lindy-Rigs along the break from basically the bridge to the inside turn north of the bridge. Tried trolling on the north side of Cass Sat morning, night and Sunday night. Zero fish. Lots of reeds and weeds coming out into the lake from the river. Could see hundreds of walleyes with our headlamps on but nothing was hungry. Lack of wind, clear skies and cold water temps made it a tough bite. Ran out of Shiners so that didn't seem to help matters. 

Saw a huge dead-head floating on Cass on Sunday. About 15 birds were sitting on top of it. Lots of plastic bags floating in the water as well. 

laportian

Yeah I am going to try a little west of Pug Hole tonight. Over near McDonald Lake. Go out like 6ish and try for a few hours. Wait until after dark and throw stick baits right in that little channel coming out of the Pug Hole. Bagged them big time doing that in past years. I'm thinking that with all the invasives the water is just too clear for calm sunny day fishing. Its so dam clear now. Used to be able to wander all along the north shore early in the season and pick fish up during the day with a jig and minnow. We pulled out to fish 15 feet out yesterday morning on the mainlake by Turtle River Bar and we could count crayfish and suckers swimming around. I agree that there was tons of debris floating everywhere.