• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Eyesniper

Anyone have an open water/ice report for the chain? I'd assume it's open but that is further north than I've been since February. Headed to riverside on opener for the first time. 

eyeguy 54

no ice left. :)

• Like 1

IceHawk

Ice free water temps are running about 58-60 degrees right now. Current flow in the river and channels is at a medium rate.  Bad thing is the water is very stained right now clarity is almost like coffee. Hopeing things clear up soon crazy last year you could see bottom in 11 foot of water. 

• Like 1

Eyesniper

If it's stained now you can bet the rain mid week won't help that issue. Better make sure my rattling cranks are stocked up! Thanks for the SITREP, I would've never guessed the water temp was that warm already

• Like 1

Horseshoe_Don

68 degrees today.    70 in a shallow bay

• Like 1

Borch

Man it's warming up fast.  Pretty short spawning window for those walleyes this spring.  Jumped from ice out to bass, panfish spawning temps in about 2 weeks.

• Like 1

eyeguy 54

cappies are getting pretty black in a couple spots I have hit. 

• Like 1

IceHawk

Found a pretty good walleye bite this morning out on the chain . 😁 Ill be doing some updates and giving out some good information for the chain over in the Fishing clubs. Check it out. 

• Like 1

Eyesniper

Glad to hear someone had some luck on that zoo. Never been there for opener before and I personally will never do that again! I figured it would be busy but not that darned busy. Wouldn't have been so bad if the other anglers weren't so blantely rude. Seriously I've never seen such disregard, it was absolutely appalling. All that water and everyone tries to squeeze into one bridge so you can't even drive through it, which by the way is illegal to block a navigation channel read the boating regs. A little courtesy goes a long way fellas. I've fished the chain many times with great success and no success but that entire area is no longer on my radar with the boat. Best of luck to those brave enough to battle the crowds of inconsiderate jerks.

FlyRodAddiction

Eyesniper, you aren't the only one that has sworn off that lake for opener. I haven't heard too much from other lakes yet but some of the reports I've heard are that it was slower because of the cold water. I too was frustrated with the bumper-boats and didn't actually catch a fish till after 10:15 once some of the traffic died down "I was on the water by 6am". My buddy fished it last year and said it wasn't bad so I agreed to fish it this year with his crew. It only took my line getting run over twice for me to swear this lake off for opener. A couple of fish just isn't worth that hassle, next year maybe there will be less traffic because I won't be there. We caught some fish but because we weren't willing to play bumper boats while dragging lindy's and raps during the peak morning bite we didn't end up with numbers, just enough for dinner. Oh well, the company made it worthwhile and at least we were on the water! Live and learn and fish lesser known spots for this guy!

Big Dave2

I don't know why people pile up under those bridges any more. 20 years ago we used to catch walleyes, northerns, catfish and even a couple of small mouths sitting under those bridges but now days if we do spend some time under there I rarely see anyone pull anything in. We have found other more productive spots out there.

I will be up there with our group of about 12 again this weekend.

Eyesniper

Hopefully your group will yield some results. I know it's a good fishery but I won't fish it anymore unless it's frozen. After last weekend though I wouldn't be surprised to have some self-entitled roll of charmin(*** wipe) drop their 'ducer and jig in my ice hole! I've just never seen such disregard amongst fellow anglers and that's even worse when kids are being exposed to it as it's our duty to set the examples and to get them involved and off the couch. Shame on those that act so arrogantly. Best of luck to the rest!

Horseshoe_Don
On 5/12/2018 at 3:09 PM, IceHawk said:

Found a pretty good walleye bite this morning out on the chain . 😁 Ill be doing some updates and giving out some good information for the chain over in the Fishing clubs. Check it out. 

The private fishing clubs will be the downfall of this site.   If people have something to post. post it.    If the good stuff is privileged then why come here.

Might be time to look else where to post my posts

Don

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Borch

Don, 

Reports in the forum will not change.  Detailed reports and information will still be in this forum.  If you look there are water temps, general presentations and location.  Maybe not with ever post but most which is how it has always been.

The club's are for those who want even more.