• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Alex wilhelmi

Headed to Minnesota middle of June to drive a tank and shoot a machine gun. Thinking about staying in a cabin on a lake somewhere. Taking the boat of course. And the "all seeing eye" Helix 7, cause it's a total game changer. Anybody know of any good resorts on a lake with good fishing in the area near kasota?

Mike89

try lake Jefferson or those lake over there.. don't know if any are left on Washington....  good luck..

pikeandchester

Never stayed but something to check out. Beaver Dam Resort on east Jefferson, The Landing on Madison Lake, Sakatah hills resort near Madison Lake, Point Pleasant on Madison Lake, Best Point on lake Tetonka,  Camp Dells in Waterville.  The Landing and Trailblazer had good food the last time I was there but it has been a while. Plenty of OK lakes in the area, MN DNR Lake Finder may be your most helpful resource for finding some  fish.  

pikeandchester

Don't forget the Minnesota River. One access in Kasota, Seven Mile Creek park and access, as well as Le Sueur access. Camp ground and access in St Peter just off hwy 99. Trout ponds in the area as well.

Edited by pikeandchester

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• cg2
      By cg2
      Anyone know of lakes with decent shore fishing near Mankato? I've gone to North Shore on Madison Lake but can't find any shore on other lakes near by. Any suggestions?
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• JP Z
      This was a complete mess of a year I will admit.  I know Moonlight had their grand opening for their new deck so they booted folks quickly from the normal weighin.  I heard the hockey kids normally help with weighin but they were out so some of the local pros came and helped.  But yeah, it was a mess for weighin.  Hot water lead to some issues for us keeping fish upright.  Ended in 11th but had 5th without that 1 dopey dead fish......  And for the record prefishing I only got 2 fish Friday so that wasn't what hekped it for us.
    • Shulsebus
      Those swimming bikes! Never caught one but I have heard rumors about them! Congrats on your catch haha
    • leech~~
      And Ely's not?  🤭
    • smurfy
      🙄 hey now!!!!!!!!!😆 except for one day the fish bit better then the bugs!!!!!!!👍
    • Stick500
      Most likely Bigmouth Buffalo fish. Actually in the sucker family. Many mistake them for carp due to their size and shape. That’s about the only thing that makes sense and they are native fish rarely caught on hook and line and they do spawn shallow. 
    • Rick
      It’s been a deadly start to the open-water season in Minnesota. As of June 16, as many as nine people have been victims of boating fatalities. That number, which is preliminary, marks the most fatalities at this point of the year in more than a decade. In addition, a higher-than-average number of people have drowned at places like beaches and swimming pools. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Rick
      It’s been a deadly start to the open-water season in Minnesota. As of June 16, as many as nine people have been victims of boating fatalities. That number, which is preliminary, marks the most fatalities at this point of the year in more than a decade. In addition, a higher-than-average number of people have drowned at places like beaches and swimming pools. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • monstermoose78
      I agree it’s yuppy town. Even with the cabin I only go up once a summer, but come fall I go there much more. You don’t have to fight the crowds in town but I am only in town to get gas and bait.
    • StateofHockey
      Things got so tough for me on Frazier bay Sunday I resorted to dragging the anchor which hooked into an old bike in 28 fow. Just as I was landing the bike it fell apart so all I got was the front tire. It's still out there swimming for some lucky angler
    • Kettle
      I'll be darn, I guess a blind squirrel does find a nut on occasion 😉

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.