• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Big Dave2

Anyone here have a permanent fish house on mille lacs that they use year around?

Big Dave2

I'm thinking about buying or possibly building a larger skid house to use year around on Mille Lacs. I have friends who have houses at Jerry Brandt's and will start there in my search for a resort. 

Anyone here have a fish house that they use year around at a Mille Lacs resort? If so, what do you like and what do you dislike?

I understand how the ice fishing works at most of these places but I would be most interested to know what your summer experience is like? I'm used to RVing at campgrounds and I know this will probably be more "rustic" than that. Anyone have pictures of their house set up in it's summer spot?

I'll be up there a few times this summer looking around a bit but just wanted to get a head start if anyone has any input for me.

gizmoguy

Yes they do. Many resorts are set up for summer usage. Understand you can't use your FH in the storage lots. Only in a summer use lot. You have to pay for it. The cost is in addition to your winter fees. Usually more $ but the season is longer. The county requires the resorts to have bathroom facilities within a certain distance. Mac's Twin Bay has summer lots as do many others. Hunter's Point is another. Doubt Brandt's is set up for summer.

gimruis

I was an intern for the DNR one summer many years ago and I rented out a large fish house as my residence it at Hunters Point Resort.  It was more like a small, one room cabin actually.  There was obviously no running water but there was a shower/bathroom complex a short walk from my door.  I had propane power so I could use that for cooking and it had electricity via an extension cord provided by the resort.  I paid a flat monthly fee to stay there.  The bar/restaurant was a short walk too so I spent many nights bellied up there drinking beer.  The one thing that I will advise to you on this subject is to outfit it with some air conditioning.  Those things are designed to be outside in the winter and stay warm so if its 70 outside, its 80 in there.  They turn into a friggin' oven.  I put a 12,000 BTU AC unit in mine and turned that sucker into a meat locker.  Lots of other people at the resort used their own winter houses as a weekend cabin there, plus there was a lot of RV's parked there too.