• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

June kab fishing trip

Brian Sciuto

My family and I have been to Kab 6 times in the past 10 years, always in late August, but this year, we will be fishing June 9th -15th. We mainly fish for Northern Pike and Smallies with crankbaits (Rapala is our go to) and we rarely troll for walleye. We usually catch several dozen fish each on our August trips. We mainly stay on the west end of the lake since we stay at Kec's Kove , but will sometimes make our way to Lost Bay and Elks Bay. Since we will be going late spring this year just after the spawn, I have read conflicting reports that all species are still usually shallow during this time. Just looking for info and tips for fishing this time of year from those who have fished Kab during mid June. Thanks for any help and advice

Brian , during the dates you have mentioned , for the most part , all species your after including the eyes , should still be fairly shallow . It really all depends on the weather between now and then , and the mornings , daytime , and evening hrs can all be at different depths . Minnows or leeches , rigs n jigs should all still be a good choice up there then .

Thx bigfatbert, aslo, is this years ice out later than normal. I know throughout a lot of the midwest, its been a well below average start of spring.

At this point , the ice still exists on Kab and will remain for awhile yet , but not sure just when it will go out yet. It definitely will be later than average .

I figured it did, that has me a little worried, but it looks like things are warming up quick up there

• 1 month later...

Can anyone fill me in on the bite the past few days. Not just walleye, but also want to know how the pike and smallie bites have been. Will be arriving this Friday for 7 days of fishing....