• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

side_laker

Some one has to ask. Will we need an extension for opener 

Tom Sawyer
6 minutes ago, side_laker said:

Some one has to ask. Will we need an extension for opener 

Yes I believe we will....Louisville_stacked_alum_ex.thumb.jpg.4a96071060fce1e2f3e7f1bb042d0417.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

eyeguy 54

put mine back on today. why did I take it off??

IceHawk

No extension needed on the river ill be fishing opener she' s wide open. Lakes now that will be a different story. 

toddrun

IceHawk,

If I were you, I wouldn't be to vocal about fishing the river for opener.  You may have 50,000 of your best friends there with you, since it will be the only open water!!!!  Just sayin'

IceHawk

Not the river I'm fishing only thing required is hip boots or waders. And if they can find me in the backwoods more power two them;)

• Like 2

kelly-p
2 hours ago, toddrun said:

IceHawk,

If I were you, I wouldn't be to vocal about fishing the river for opener.  You may have 50,000 of your best friends there with you, since it will be the only open water!!!!  Just sayin'

With no Spring runoff due to the drought will the ice be off the Tamarac? With no current will any fish be in the river? Remember that due to the drought most rivers, ditches and creeks here have not flowed since last June.  The little amount of light fluffy snow that we received this winter didn't amount to any thing as far as runoff. My floating dock in the Tamarac has been sitting right on the bottom of the river since last August. 

• Like 1

toddrun

Sorry to everyone.  I was warned for my response to IceHawk about fishing the river.  My reply was meant in jest, joking.  I was not discouraging anyone from posting fishing in the river, or even fishing in the river.  So sorry, my joking intent did not read through my post. 

Mike89
34 minutes ago, toddrun said:

Sorry to everyone.  I was warned for my response to IceHawk about fishing the river.  My reply was meant in jest, joking.  I was not discouraging anyone from posting fishing in the river, or even fishing in the river.  So sorry, my joking intent did not read through my post. 

I don't see any thing out of line, kind a thought it was funny too....

leech~~
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, toddrun said:

Well you have been on here since 2007 you should know better! Don't make jokes!! :angry:

Unless it's a couple of gals holding a ladder! :P

Edited by leech~~
  • Haha 1

smurfy
On 4/17/2018 at 11:48 AM, leech~~ said:

Well you have been on here since 2007 you should know better! Don't make jokes!! :angry:

Unless it's a couple of gals holding a ladder! :P

Yeah no fun allowed!:crazy::P

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

monstermoose78

I am going up to Grand Marais ice fishing for opener and can’t wait.

Borch

Hope you at least get some rain up there this spring Kelly.  We were pretty dry until the past two months. 

kelly-p
20 hours ago, Borch said:

Hope you at least get some rain up there this spring Kelly.  We were pretty dry until the past two months. 

To give you a idea of what it is like here this is how my dock has sat since last August. The river is at lake level here.  Almost no Spring flow from melting snow. Just a trickle here and there. I've burnt any grass off for 200 feet around my house, farm buildings and farm equipment so there is a little protection in case a big fire gets going. The grass has been burnt off between the highway and the airport to give Waskish a little protection in case a fire gets going south of town. Westwind cleaned their channel last fall so they should be OK for boats. Total acreage of URL and LRL is 272,000 acres so it would ONLY take 177,261,312, 000 gallons of water to raise the lake level 2 feet. :crazy:

dockk.JPG

Borch

Wow!  Didn't realize it was that bad up there.  That's going take a long time to get turned around.

kelly-p

According to the Army Corp of Engineers weather station here in Waskish we have had a grand total of  1.29 inches of precipitation so far in 2018. :crazy: When we were burning the grass of there was still about 30% snow cover. The flames were hitting 10 feet high. :eek:

halad

Hey Kelly can I fish of your dock opener

kelly-p
2 hours ago, halad said:

Sure. The good thing is if you have too many cocktails and fall off the dock you will not have to worry about drowning. :grin: People are going to have a long walk to go swimming out of the Waskish beach. Hard to believe that 3 years ago the dock floated up off the support poles so we had to put in a few longer ones. The dock was right up to the predator guard below the wood duck houses. 

Surface Tension

Drove through last week and noticed the ditches didn't have much water compared to other years.

Kelly looks like you need an extension for your dock. :)

kelly-p

"Kelly looks like you need an extension for your dock."

But I don't think I have to worry about any boats hitting it.   :D It should be an interesting Opener.

shaky legs2
On 4/24/2018 at 6:57 AM, halad said:

Kelly, If Hal is going to have cocktails while fishing off your dock make sure he brings his dog along so someone can drive him home.  Kinda like a sober cab, I mean Lab😀

• Haha 1

Hookmaster

With the low water levels, what is it going to be like launching at the public access in the river? Will waders be needed to get out into the lake?

halad

Looking at the South shore its as low or lower than it was last fall. There is some open water on shore but the lake is ice bound yet be hard to tell until ice out but doesn't look good. Waders and a small boat maybe. I know that last fall you could only get a fishing boat through Rogers channel. Sitting on Kellys dock and drinking is looking like a plan. Dogs been gone for a long time now miss her she bailed me out more than once driving home from the W.W.

• Like 1

kelly-p

"Kelly, If Hal is going to have cocktails while fishing off your dock make sure he brings his dog along so someone can drive him home.  Kinda like a sober cab, I mean Lab😀"

We'll make sure he gets home, Don't want him hanging around the yard for days. :D Actually I've been thinking  that with the lake so low there could end up being a lot more boats in the river then there is room for, could be an interesting show. :crazy: 

The mouth of the River could be tough. It was not cleaned this Spring. The ice is about off the river today. It just kind of faded away with no current to move it. Back in the "80's" when I was night guard at the Hatchery we had a year like this with no current in the River. The walleyes never really ran up the River with no current coming out of it.

• Like 1

halad

The south shore and it looks like the east shore is open for about a mile out. Been here since the early 70,s and have never seen the lake this low in the spring. Small boats only from this side of the lake.