• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

CigarGuy

Jigging raps

CigarGuy

I wanted to get into using jigging raps this winter and summer, but I heard a lot of stories about them getting snagged in the summer. I didn't want to spend $7.00+ for them, so I checked eeebbaayy. Found these for under $9.00 for 4 raps. Quality seems good. If the ice ever goes out, I'll be able to give a better review- but they look good!

IMG_20180416_164106141.jpg

gimruis

Watch out for pike bite offs!

IceHawk

They look good! I would say that's a good deal. As far as getting snagged I'm a huge jig rapper in the summer and fall and I rarely snag up. The guys that are snagging up must be fishing rocks. I usally fish sandy bottoms and sand weed edges and I have found this is where i get the most productivity out of the lure. 

delcecchi
16 hours ago, IceHawk said:

They look good! I would say that's a good deal. As far as getting snagged I'm a huge jig rapper in the summer and fall and I rarely snag up. The guys that are snagging up must be fishing rocks. I usally fish sandy bottoms and sand weed edges and I have found this is where i get the most productivity out of the lure. 

Cigar guy and I fish Vermilion, home of the most lure grabbing rocks in the state....

• Like 1

Cliff Wagenbach

I am getting to become a jigging rap fan myself!

I had very good success using the small version this winter for crappies and big bluegills! Plan to try them a lot more this summer for walleyes also.

I will probably go broke though using them in the snaggy rocks on Vermilion!

Cliff

BRULEDRIFTER

Try and keep them as vertical as possible.  I'm not extremely experienced in using them, but have had some success. 

CigarGuy

Maybe I'll snag and retrieve one of the many crankbaits that I've lost on the rocks in Wakemup Bay!  Or, my luck, I'll have both sitting on the bottom.  I did order 4 smaller ones also-2.36" long, weight 10.5g.  For China stuff, there not bad!  I paid 6.64 for 4ea of the smaller ones.  The packaging looks very similar to Rapala's pkg. 

Sculpin

There is a video around that is specific to Vermilion, fall fishing Jigging Raps. Like anything, when rock fishing, keep it up, and keep it moving.

The smaller sizes are really lights out on suspended deep basin fall crappies, vertical, right over the side of the boat, fish it back near your ducer,, and you'll see it on your electronics.

Tom Sawyer
3 hours ago, Sculpin said:

The smaller sizes are really lights out on suspended deep basin fall crappies, vertical, right over the side of the boat, fish it back near your ducer,, and you'll see it on your electronics.

Rapala Jigging Raps are for sure my go to lure for suspended fall crappie :Kaboomm:!!!!