• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Minners79

Anybody have an idea of current ice thickness on Cass? How much snow is on the lake? I figure we will have about a snowballs chance in hell for open water by Opener.

eyeguy 54

just talked with a friend, still driving out up there.

laportian

I live on the north side of Cass on the Pughole. We had 30 inches of ice out in front of my dock yesterday. Pughole is the flowage between Kitchie and Cass. I'm 200 yards off Cass and the current is pretty strong there. Top few inches was pretty mushy. Nothing happening as far as fish yet. But they are coming. Jumbos move in soon. Also seen a truck out off of Star Island on Monday evening. I imagine they have more ice out on the main lake than I have. I'm for sure going to be out ice fishing through next week at my place. Ice hasn't even begun to pull from shore at my place. 

Edited by laportian
added
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Minners79

Warm temps and rain in the forecast should make quick work of existing ice. Appreciate any updates as we get closer to Opener.

Minners79

From multiple FB posts from area resorts, it looks like things are really moving around out there. Starting to feel optimistic about Opener.

laportian

Pughole will be open today on Cass. Ice is nearly gone. From Kitchie down past the Pikehole Bar has been open for the past week. Since yesterday it really opened up. Lastnight I had ice 20 feet from my dock. This morning 50 yards more is gone. The main lake ice is pulled from shore and moving. Near the Wishbone Resort yesterday someone posted a video on facebook of the ice moving up on the beach. Im thinking it'll be ice out  just before opener.

Chris Haley

They are saying 70's again by Thursday.  We will open water for opener.

Borch

It'll  be close.  Still a lot of ice.  But once it breaks free from shore it usually doesn't last long.   From the video the ice isn't real dark yet.  But the stuff being pushed up on shore is candling.

Minners79

Close?

laportian

It's real close. Ice free on the west side. Out beyond Buck Lake all the way to Knuteson Dam there is ice though. Not sure how it is down by Cedar Island and Norway Beach. There was a fire somewhere around Pike Bay and it was really smoky so I couldn't see if it was ice free yet this morning.

Minners79

With wind and heat today and rain tmrw/Wednesday,  that should finish it off.

Shallow Runner

Anyone know how much damage the weather yesterday did to the ice.  Too many clouds to see a satellite pic!

Edited by Shallow Runner

Minners79

Our group had a call into the resort and they said the ice was gone on the NE side of the lake by Knutson Dam. Should be good to go. 

Shallow Runner

Thanks for the update!

laportian

Think they called ice out on Leech yesterday. Should be fine on all our area lakes. Looked like Cass was iced out on Wednesday. Winnie is free, heard there might be a tiny bit of ice floating around on it as of yesterday.