• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Steven Matheny
      By Steven Matheny
      Hey y'all,
      Gf and I are having a bit of a time finding a lake in the twin cities area (about 30 minutes drive from downtown preferably) for her to go swimming and me to go fishing. Any suggestions or ideas?
    • cg2
      By cg2
      Anyone know of lakes with decent shore fishing near Mankato? I've gone to North Shore on Madison Lake but can't find any shore on other lakes near by. Any suggestions?
    • John Schulz
      By John Schulz
      Looking for some fun easy Shore fishing spots. New to fishing as an adult, only fished when I was 10-13 in scouts. From California having moved to Moorhead Oct 18, just got fishing license for my wife and I. 

Bought some poles and gear and just wondering if anyone can point me in the directions of some great spots to fish off shore, as we do not have a boat. 

Thank you. 
    • MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      Day 1 up on Flag Island Resort brought us many Walleye, Sauger and Perch on the Minnesota side of Lake of the Woods. Day 2 however we went into the Canadian water to fish an area that has Walleye, Perch, Sauger and some REALLY BIG Crappies! This plan and location did not disappoint - I won't be forgetting this day on the ice!

• Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • cg2
      By cg2
      Hello all,

I am new to the area and don't know where to begin fishing. I'm looking for a lake around Mankato that has walleye / crappies in it. I would like to make it out a few times this fall yet and then hit the ice hard. Any advice on what lakes to start with? There's so many that I don't know how to choose which one to go to. 
    • Jesse Wilkins
      By Jesse Wilkins
      Hey fellas, I developed a free fishing phone app for my fellow fisherman. It’s called FishIQ. I broke down 10 species by their location based on the water temperature. So if you’re looking for quick pointers or interested on where to find other species throughout the seasons give it a try! Hopefully it leads to more fish at the boat!
    • Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 😃
    • Bassman1
      By Bassman1
      Hi all my group will be up there on potatoe lake june 1 looking for any fish ideas and how toos especially pike and smallies were from Iowa large mouth country so i need help love some pan fish too
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      Ah, a couple walleyes just made it all better. 😁
    • Bigfatbert
    • Borch
      Try Darren Troseth at 3 rivers fishing adventures.  Fall is sturgeon  time.   He also specializes in catfish with a shot at a trophy.
    • Wanderer
      No doubt @papadarv!  They’re really good at it too.  The small family flocks have joined together where I’ve been seeing geese and now number 50+ typically.   We saw some geese and a few ducks today but didn’t shoot any.  We didn’t find anything worth setting up on.  Pretty amazing how slim the duck population is up here.  The biggest flock I’ve seen, including the drive up, numbered 5 birds.  It’s been mostly random singles and pairs.   The flooding up here has been amazing too.  Something like 10 inches in 25 hours.  Roads are flooded and the ditches are raging rivers.  The downstream sides of the bigger culverts look like power plant discharges.   We’re considering other options for tomorrow.
    • james1014
      $ 7800 $  O.B.O aluminum. 2008 20’ DreamShak Ice House/Camper, Model Namikan 202, very clean and in excellent condition. Bearings just repacked along with electric brake system inspection. Asking $7,800. Purchased new for $24,000. Camper style look with horizontal v-front. 4 Burner Cooktop range with full sized RV Oven – handles pizzas well. Sink, drain, and removable drain tank. AM/FM/CD/External Jack, 4 Speaker Stereo System. 12/120V TV with Power Boost Rooftop RV style HD Antenna. Easily sleeps 5 (King, XLong-Twin, Std-Twin) on fold out beds that are convertible to couches. Toy Hauler Backdoor 78” height, 61” width, folds down, w/ ATV type tie downs in floor. Easily holds 2 ATVs. Two 30lb propane tanks with auto switching regulator. Spare auto switching regulator and hose set. Floor mounted forced air Suburban heater. All windows with curtains. Carpeted floor. 8 Catch Covered Fish Holes. Double (parallel wired) deep cycle battery system with 12V charger in RV style power panel 12V/120V capable. Tandem axle, with remote control hydraulic up and down, torsion axles with removable wheel well covers. Makes fishing setup banking go quickly. RV Roof Vent. Numerous coat hooks, built in rod racks and holders. Lots of cabinets and storage. Brand new Tires and aluminum rins ¾” Treated Plywood Floor. Aluminum Tubing Walls & Roof Truss System. Aluminum Diamond Plate Stone Guards. 3 Thermal Pain Tinted Radius RV Windows with slide screens. 1 1/2" Foam Insulated Walls Natural cedar paneling and rough sawn cedar cabinet faces. 3 Interior Overhead & 2 Exterior 12 Volt Lights Aluminum siding. One piece rubber roof. Standard RV type entrance side door with removable bug screen for summer use. I HAVE PICTURES WHY this is SALVAGE TITLE. Please call or text 8013580144 or pictures 
    • Dan Collins
      A Bald Eagle showing off his catch of a nice Brook Trout.
    • papadarv
      Second flock this morning. They seem to find safe feeding grounds when the guns start popping.
    • Wanderer
      Chance of lightning....  haha.  When will it stop?!  In about an hour.  Let’s load up.
    • Cem
      Thanks guys! I have a reply from the recommended guide saying he is too busy in fall (apparently he is a teacher and coach etc...)   I think I will stay couple of days in Monticello and fish the Mississippi River. Any recommendations on spots and accommodations? Also do I need to hire a car?
    • Wanderer
      Just settling in for a 4 hour nap before launching the boat on LOW - provided we’re not in the middle of a T-storm.  South winds so that helps.  Rain doesn’t bother me but the chance of lightning does.   Good luck tomorrow.