• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikings 2018

Rick

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

New QB Kirk Cousins added and

New DT Sheldon Richardson added.

RB Dalvin Cook will be off IR

RB Latavius Murray took a pay cut

The draft will only juice this team up even more.

The Vikes also have a younger version of Case Keenum in new backup QB Trevor Siemian.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Like the moves they have made so far. Cousins is a definite upgrade. The Richardson signing is my fav so far he's a beast on the inside line up him and Linval in the middle  and good luck to any team punching through that gridlock. He will be getting sacks this year Zim is a wizard on defense.  Thinking they may add another WR or safety in the second wave. Would like to see a guy like Eric Decker  come over to the number 3 spot but unlikely as he wants to be a number one yet. Definitely see them singing offensive line help in first round . Possibly a corner  and some depth players in the later rounds. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Add to that, that Barr, Kendricks, Diggs and Hunter are all playing for their first BIG (non-rookie) contracts, so they should play extra hard this year.

Still need to solid up the OL, get a decent Safety next to Harrison, and a couple of decent DB's. 

Then just pray the injury Gods are on their side for the year.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 months later...

Lets make this thread blow up this year!

Preseason game 1 is in the books.

The biggest question mark on this team will be the offensive line once again.  Tonight, in my opinion, was a real good showing overall.  Can they consistently play well? Protection was ok, and the holes they opened up for the running game was a pleasent suprise.

Quarterbacks all preformed well.  I think our QB depth is more than adequate.  Nice to see considering they are all new to the system, save for Sloter.

Running backs looked pretty solid! Should be quite a tough decision for the 3rd running back spot.  

Recievers were hard to judge tonight I thought, this were spread out alot.

Defense was steller in the first half.  Our 1's and 2's looked great.  After that, depth looked a little shaky.

I am a little concerned with the general lack of pressure in this game.  We ended last year with the same issue.  Hopefully it is just the vanilla sets we run in preseason.

Carlson did himself great in the battle for the kicking job.  I have little doubt now he wins the job.

After one glorified practice, I like what I see.

I agree. I am concerned with the oline depth.

It's going to be a fun year.

OUCH!!!

6 players down to injury in one game.  We were thin at O-line depth before, now we have "1st" line players having to play nearly an entire preseason game, because we dont have enough bodies!  This is going to be major issue going forward.

Overall, not a good showing offensively. Jacksonville is a very good defensive team, but we definitely need to be better.

Defense, look pretty good!  We need to complete turnover chances, at a better rate.  

3rd RB race is going to be fun to watch.

Special teams, are kinda leaving me wondering.  Punt coverage is quite shaky.  Carlson is looking more like our guy, after Forbath missed a 41 yd fg.

I was at the game last night. Pretty fun ending even though it is just preseason. Disappointed that Carlson missed 2 field goals. he has looked great all pre-season and he was hitting everything in warmups.. Cousins looked decent, Simien looked terrible, Sloter looked great! There are still plenty of kinks that will work themselves  out as the season progresses but I do believe this will be a very good team this year. They have a pretty tough schedule but I think they will at least go 11-5 and get into the playoffs.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

I’m watching the end of the Vikings season and wondering why I left the fish house at 2:00. This team is terrible. 

The O-line stinks, Cousins can’t handle the pressure again and the D is way overrated. 

At least, I won’t be tempted to sit in front of the TV again next weekend. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I went to Menards a little after half time. Needed to look at some thing exciting. I picked up a toilet valve repair kit! ?

It's Zimmers turn to Go!

Edited by leech~~

18 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

It's Zimmers turn to Go!

NO!!!

We cant have turnover every 3-5 years!  Heck, we havent had same o-coordinator 2 years in a row!  Some stability in the coaching ranks is needed as well.  Although, he frustrates me from time to time, i dont think he is the problem.

Cousins is who he has always been.  Numbers with no substance.  Terrible in pressure, 3rd down, and the red zone.  He needs a psychologist!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
11 hours ago, leech~~ said:

giphy.gif

This was my bub-by Zimmer reply!  ?

Kendricks and Rhodes both missed this game. They looked tentative and thats a good way to have smash mouth football shoved down your throat. Offense didn't help.

Four straight 3 and outs. What a joke Cousins is. He is a head case.

Frankly our O line did well for what we have. They are getting better.

What is with Rudolph who can't take a straight line upfield. And then can't move 6 inches forward against tiny d backs.

Cousins needs to start playing to win. His head is locked into playing not to lose which is a sure fire way to lose against good teams.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Rick said:

What is with Rudolph who can't take a straight line upfield. And then can't move 6 inches forward against tiny d backs.

Rudolph's post game comment was hilarious comparing Cousins season with the Vikings to Brett Farves. The only thing that kept us from our first Super Bowl win, was the Saints bounty on Farves head....

The whole teams effort was a S H I T S H O W..., how can you they smerk during an interview after such a lack of effort. Another paid off year? I really am beginning to wonder. H e l l the entire bench was sitting down with 5 minutes left in the game. Talk about giving up, after not showing up. What a JOKE!!!

.https://kstp.com/news/vikings-postgame-locker-room-interviews/5194495/

"The only thing that kept us from our first Super Bowl win, was the Saints bounty on Farves head..."

Nope.  the thing keeping us from our first super bowl win is cosmic forces beyond our grasp: I do believe the space time continuum is somehow tied to Vikings losses...

There remain 3 certainties in life:

1.)  Death

2.)  Taxes

3.)  Vikings season ending in another disappointment.

However, let's keep yesterday in a little perspective--this is really barely a blip on the disappointment radar for us Vikings fans.  Not even a top ten...

We can be positive here:

1.)  At least we can't blame a kicker this time.

2.)  Between us and the Packers, we still got a total of 4 superbowl victories between us, right?

3.)  Despite our years of misery, we can always take comfort in knowing, at least we're not the Lions...--look it up:  1 playoff win since 1957!!!   ?  See, doesn't that feel better.