• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Fish Head

You guys are going to love your Helix. I have one on my smaller trout lake boat. Great units for the money. 

I didn't too much new stuff this year.  A new trolling rod and some tackle, but that's about it.  

Alex wilhelmi

Awesome!!! Thanks guys!

Alex wilhelmi

i bought the helix 7 chirp si gps. now i got install it. the fish are gonna be in serious trouble..

• Like 1

PRO-V
5 hours ago, Alex wilhelmi said:

i bought the helix 7 chirp si gps. now i got install it. the fish are gonna be in serious trouble..

You might need to set it up as an ice fishing unit the first couple weeks.:lol: 

Alex wilhelmi

I wish I could. But We have no ice down here

Wakemup

I’m planning on doing some restoration work on my old 1964 14’ fiberglass boat this spring. Need to replace the seats on the inside and need a new battery too!

I got it going again last summer after it sat for years and rigged it with a minnkota endura maxx and a Garmin Striker 7sv. I ran both of those off the same battery last year and ran into a lot of interference so I’m going to try adding another battery. From what I’ve read, this should help cut down on that and I can play with the sensitivity settings too.

Otherwise, working on picking a new musky reel- leaning towards the Diawa Lexa 400 with the Winn grips and I’m sure I’ll buy more tackle than I’ll ever use!

• Like 1

Cliff Wagenbach

Wakemup,

You need to have the depth finder on a separate battery from the trolling motor to eliminate the interference.

Cliff

• Like 1

TomWehler

Did'nt buy anything new yet but Big Black boat ready to go.

Thinking bout a bow Terrova  n something fun electronics for the one blew out on dash last fall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Messing round all winter paint lures for people an myself.

Trying new patterns with some different glitters an iridescent paints.

Just 4 fun an who knows.....stranger bigger things have eaten junk I painted.

Keep on rocken!

T

ALure2017.jpg

Alure11.png

Alure10.jpg

Aluregrunt2.png

• Like 2

Cliff Wagenbach

Looks like candy Tommy! I might even bite on those!:D

Cliff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wakemup
18 hours ago, Cliff Wagenbach said:

Wakemup,

You need to have the depth finder on a separate battery from the trolling motor to eliminate the interference.

Cliff

Yeah it was one of those "Oh... duh you dummy" moments when I realized what the problem was this after thinking about it this winter! 

Tom- those baits look great! Looking to get into musky fishing a little more this summer and hope to land my first musky on Big V.

• Thanks 1

Alex wilhelmi

hey guys..i installed the helix 7. took it out the other day. it keeps  randomly shutting down, with the motor off it will stay on no problem. Heres where i think i f'd up. i used the same 3 amp fuse harness from the old sonar that came with the boat, the old hb depth only kind. its wired right to the ignition wire. i used the correct gauge wire where i needed it. im guessing its not getting enough juice?

also if i wired it direct to a separate battery, how do i go about hooking up and on board charger? or would i be ok just wiring direct to the battery that runs the motor?

thanks for any advice.

those musky lures look so bad ass! nice work !!

SkunkedAgain

I don't know what your Helix 7 requires in the manual, but a quick look would figure out if that 3amp is too small.

Definitely wire your sonar to the motor battery using the correct gauge wire and fuse. If you connect it to another battery, it should be a stand-alone. Connecting to the trolling motor battery will generate interference.

Alex wilhelmi

It says 3 amp fuse in the manual. I'm going to run it to the motor battery. I'll post how it works. Thanks skunked again!

Alex wilhelmi

Ok..I got it wired directly to the motor battery. 12.44 bolts to the plug. Good. Unit powers on like normal. All is well until I get it on the water. Only question.. since there's power going non stop to that plug. Do I risk draining the battery? I take the unit off when I trailer the boat.

12.44 volts

Alex wilhelmi

Actually when I store the boat I take the unit off as well. Is it ok to have the power line just hanging out? Do I need a shut off switch?

Tom Sawyer

No shutoff needed. Take a photo of how you mounted your transducer Alex.

Alex wilhelmi

IMG_20180421_190623689.jpg

Alex wilhelmi

Plastic PC is 3/4 x2 x3.5. Drilled shallow holes on the transom side for the adhesive to cling to. Pretty solid. Time will tell

Alex wilhelmi

Tomorrow I'll post a fish pic. I hope.

Wakemup

Question for you guys, I tried looking in the forum rules but couldn't find any. Are we allowed to post items for sale on the forum? I don't want to break any rules so thought I'd check before putting any info out on this for sale.

delcecchi
1 hour ago, Wakemup said:

Question for you guys, I tried looking in the forum rules but couldn't find any. Are we allowed to post items for sale on the forum? I don't want to break any rules so thought I'd check before putting any info out on this for sale.

Go for it.  Since there is a "for sale " forum already, the worst thing is that someone will tell you it is in the wrong forum.

https://fishingminnesota.com/forums/forum/10-free-listing-for-sale-list-your-boats-fishing-hunting-employment-used-items-fm-members/

Wakemup
1 hour ago, delcecchi said:

Go for it.  Since there is a "for sale " forum already, the worst thing is that someone will tell you it is in the wrong forum.

https://fishingminnesota.com/forums/forum/10-free-listing-for-sale-list-your-boats-fishing-hunting-employment-used-items-fm-members/

Thanks Del! I couldn’t seem to find this ealier, will post some musky stuff there.

Raven77

Got a 2018 Ranger 619FS with 225 Verado.  My knucklehead nephew got married on opener so Tuesday will be the maiden voyage.  If you see a guy on the west end with a silver 619 and and ear to ear grin, that will be me.  One of the promo items was a $1,000 Cabelas gift certificate.  Talk about a kid at Christmas!

• Like 2

delcecchi

Don't see many verados on Vermilion for whatever reason.    I'll keep an eye out.   

Wakemup
2 hours ago, Raven77 said:

Got a 2018 Ranger 619FS with 225 Verado.  My knucklehead nephew got married on opener so Tuesday will be the maiden voyage.  If you see a guy on the west end with a silver 619 and and ear to ear grin, that will be me.  One of the promo items was a $1,000 Cabelas gift certificate.  Talk about a kid at Christmas!

He would be shunned from the family! I'll keep an eye out.

I'm going through grad school and that caused me to sell my '99 Ranger last year. I miss her dearly but appreciate rocking Grandpa's 1964 14' Pipestone fiberglass fishing boat with the 15HP Johnson that runs like a top. If I can find the time this summer, I'd like to gut the inside and replace the bench seats with a couple casting platforms and wire it up too. The sideview unit I have on it does feel a little out of place on an old boat but it works 😎

Keep an eye out for the old green boat as you're blowing past with the Verado!

• Like 2