• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well now that Walters are border lakes only, I think I'm going to give a run at some panfishing in the area. New to this neck of the woods, but noticed some bodies of water while grouse hunting with the mutt this fall. Thinking of hitting Hovde/Moccassin/Stocking. I don't usually keep panfish, just something to play around with.

Lots of the MNDNR stats are old-ish. Wonder if anyone can give a newbie some info. 

Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

Fairly new to the area also, there is some great panfishingaround here. But I’ve been stuck on perch and pout lol 

I tried to get to Hovde, but the road was no bueno for my truck. The woodtick surely wasn't plowed, but it was navigable. 

Best of luck to those going out!

I haven't fished up there for a couple of years but the first time i fished it was about fifteen years ago and we were on moccasin. We did pretty well caught lots of sunfish but size was nothing special. Crappies were decent with a couple large ones. Since then i have gone back maybe three times and caught more large mouth bass than anything.