• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

VermilionGold

Looking into adding a boathouse to our property, does anyone know any local contractors you have worked with and would recommend?  Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

SkunkedAgain

Not looking to start anything, as I'm fuzzy on all of the rules, but I thought you couldn't build new boathouses but only fix up old ones that were grandfathered in. Maybe it depends on the zoning of each lot? Sorry that I don't have any recommendations and hijacked your thread....slightly.

• Like 2

Cliff Wagenbach

You can still build boat houses but they have to be on shore with a rail system running up into them.

Cliff

• Like 1

delcecchi

And can be only used for boats and boating related equipment, honored more in the breach than the observance.  

• Haha 1

OhioVike

Two have gone up next to me.  I am thinking about it too!

Cliff Wagenbach

Good idea! Much better then the old wet boat houses at any rate.

Cliff

SkunkedAgain

That makes sense. Thanks!

muskie-mike

One near me that they turned into a cabin,never had a boat in it...

delcecchi
2 hours ago, muskie-mike said:

One near me that they turned into a cabin,never had a boat in it...

Seems to be on the "honor" system.   I wonder what would happen if a dime were to get dropped?

OhioVike

That's funny. The thought never crossed my mind.  I mean do you really neeeeeeed to be there?  Rebels.   

delcecchi
On 3/15/2018 at 7:31 AM, OhioVike said:

That's funny. The thought never crossed my mind.  I mean do you really neeeeeeed to be there?  Rebels.   

I've seen several "boathouses" that appear to never have had a boat near them....   They are the requisite 5 or so feet from the water...   I should take a few pics next summer and post them on here....  

The wakemup side of taylor's Island has the oldest, if you are out roaming around.   There are others... 

OhioVike
16 hours ago, delcecchi said:

I've seen several "boathouses" that appear to never have had a boat near them....   They are the requisite 5 or so feet from the water...   I should take a few pics next summer and post them on here....  

The wakemup side of taylor's Island has the oldest, if you are out roaming around.   There are others... 

I am sure that would be interesting...

delcecchi

ok, now that I have a phone that takes pics, I'll post some when summer comes.

Just call me Dime, cuz I be dropping some.  :D

Capt. Quicksteel

I don't feel too strongly about any of this, but why are we taking pictures and "dropping dimes" about this???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

delcecchi
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Capt. Quicksteel said:

I don't feel too strongly about any of this, but why are we taking pictures and "dropping dimes" about this???

Because people are building "boathouses"in violation of regulations, by lying about them?  

Why have rules if they aren't going to be enforced?

Edited by delcecchi
  • Like 1

Finnish Flash

"Watch your own Bobber" :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

VermilionGold

Thanks to those that have PM’d some contacts.

I plan to use mine for boat storage, but if you read the regulations on Boathouses or WOAS structures there is no requirement to put a boat in it.  They cannot be used for human habitation though.

Ok, carry on with your discussion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wheres_Walter

Are there the same number of rules about building a boathouse as there are about a $2M house that requires clear cutting half an acre, a road to drive your golf cart down to the lake, and enough lights that you can see it from space?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

RoosterMan

VermilionGold,  

Your gonna have to buy another vessel to put on the lift that will no longer be utilized.  Sounds like a good spot for that Trout Lake rig.