• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

TProGuy

Can someone please give me an update on the snowcover in the area?  Heading up for the weekend for the first time since December and wondering what I may find when I try to get into the cabin or out on the lakes to take the kids fishing for a few hours.  Thanks in advance!

gunner55

We've had some melting in the last week but we had over 2' in 7 days before that. Haven't seen many out fishing here, only 1 small group Saturday morning. Been a few out over on Bowstring though. The nights have been colder so that's probably helped but I think it's still slushy. Any locals(bait shops, resorts, places you do business) you can call in your area for more up to minute updates.

smurfy
1 hour ago, gunner55 said:

We've had some melting in the last week but we had over 2' in 7 days before that. Haven't seen many out fishing here, only 1 small group Saturday morning. Been a few out over on Bowstring though. The nights have been colder so that's probably helped but I think it's still slushy. Any locals(bait shops, resorts, places you do business) you can call in your area for more up to minute updates.

hey at least you didnt run this thread off the road.................. yet?????????????;):grin: i think if you go to the park rapids area thread there is a picture posted of a fisherman sitting on the ice, with his feet in what looks like 6 inches of water. other then that i havent been that way latley so o help from me!!!!!!

Wanderer

There was quite a bit of snow a week and a half ago near there, then more came.

And then this week more came again.

I’d be prepared to encounter deep, wet, heavy snow.  Either plan to get out with your legs or at best a snowmobile.  But from what I’ve seen snowmobile travel might even be tough.

Ill get a report from someone who lives there for ya.

• Thumbs Up 2

TProGuy

Thanks,  Wanderer.  Your help is much appreciated! 

TProGuy

Thanks,  Gunner!

AlwaysFishing23

If you have a decent sled you should be fine. I’ve been all over the last few weeks and I’ve been fine with the 136” and 144” sleds with 1-2 inch lugs and have had  no issues at all.

Wanderer

@TProGuy

My contact said they got about 4 fresh inches to our 12 this week and it melted down some.  He was going to check the conditions on a lake but ran into truck problems as was talking to him.  No lake trip.

Sorry but that’s all I have right now.

8 hours ago, AlwaysFishing23 said:

If you have a decent sled you should be fine. I’ve been all over the last few weeks and I’ve been fine with the 136” and 144” sleds with 1-2 inch lugs and have had  no issues at all.

That’s about what I’d expect, but not everyone has that much track on their fishing sleds.

TProGuy
1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

@TProGuy

My contact said they got about 4 fresh inches to our 12 this week and it melted down some.  He was going to check the conditions on a lake but ran into truck problems as was talking to him.  No lake trip.

Sorry but that’s all I have right now.

That’s about what I’d expect, but not everyone has that much track on their fishing sleds.

Wanderer, thank you very much...I really appreciate the help.  No need to go out of your way, but if you happen to touch base with your contact again before Friday, I'd love to know roughly how much snow is on the ground in the Emily / Fifty Lakes area.

Thanks again!

gunner55

TPG, just to be clear, I'm 25 miles north of Deer River & between 2/18 to 2/25 we had 25-27" of snow in 4 storms.

Edited by gunner55

TProGuy

Thanks for clarifying,  Gunner.  Sounds like you've got yourself a winter wonderland up there!