• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

phishslayer

I was planning on going out today in the Madison Lake area and was wondering the condition of the ice? Is it still plenty safe to drive on? I'm assuming so. If anyone has any info please let me know. Thanks and keep your stick on the ice!

phishslayer

Well I'll answer my own questions in case anyone is wondering. There is still plenty of good ice. It was definitely slushy with the warm weather last weekend but there was still 20+ inches of good solid ice. 

• Like 2

gunner55

I have relatives who own a bait shop on the west side of Faribault & they would be glad to give the latest info they have. Give them a call @ Nagel's Bait (507) 334 - 8341, I'm sure they have customers that are on the area lakes just about everyday. It's a business that's been family owned for at least 2 generations. Check their homepage too

Timbow

I was wondering the same thing for tomorrow.  Is it pretty slushy on top?

Icehole2424

I was in the fairbault area yesterday went to french and Roberds there was 27" plus everywhere we drilled. Some spots were slushy on top, access at french was slushy and had ruts from earlier this week when it was warm. Roberds access was better if you made your own trail the main one people were using was rough.

jlang_04
Posted (edited)

Looking for an ice update in the Faribault area, even though I know there is rain in the forecast for tomorrow. Looking to get out Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday if possible. I'm sure by now the landings have opened and I'm not worried about being able to drive on the ice; I'll walk just as easily. Thanks for any info!

Edited by jlang_04
  • Confused 1

phishslayer

If you make it out could you please post an update about ice thickness/condition, access conditions, fish caught and depth, etc.

Thanks

jlang_04

Hey phishslayer,

Plans fell through and I'm home for Daddy daycare this week. It's a bummer because the past two days have been great! With the cold coming this weekend and next week, maybe I can get out next weekend!

phishslayer

Anyone know how the lakes are doing in the Madison Lake area? Still fishable? Ice pulling away from shore yet?

pikeandchester

Drove by Elysian on my way home this afternoon. Shoreline didn’t appear to be pulling away, view from the highway for what it’s worth.