• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

JBMasterAngler

Are there any bait shops in Washburn, or Bayfield? Looks like outdoor allure is closed down. Or maybe anything in Superior? I know of a couple in Ashland, and it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world to sidetrack over there, but it’d be nicer if I didn’t have to. 

LoonASea

The BP in Washburn sells bait ,,, Don't recall any bait shops in Bayfield ,,, Heidi tried to make a go of Outdoor Allure but just couldn't make it profitable ,,,, The BP doesn't have a lot of inventory  so River Rock might be a better choice if you need more then live bait

Jarrid Houston

BP machine was broke and they did not have any bait.  River Rock would be the place to go.  In Superior you can stop at the bait box, they definitely have minnows.  Conditions are pretty challenging out there..  Good luck

JBMasterAngler

Thanks for the info. I better play it safe and go to river rock. I’d like to see if they’d have any out of the ordinary open water tackle also. I don’t know what I’ll use for bait yet, but the bigger the selection, the better :cool:

JBMasterAngler

Shipped out at 3:30 this morning. River rock was a really cool place! Wish I would’ve had a few thousand dollars on me, as I wanted to buy all the wood carvings they sold there :whistle:

Fishing sucked! Started at Sioux River. Nothing! Then went up Bayfield with the intention of driving across the ice road, but the sign said cars and small trucks only. So back tracked to Onion River. Nothing! Everybody I talked to got skunked also. Also talked to a guy taking angler surveys, and he said nobody was catching anything. 

I wasn’t able to cover much ground on foot, with all the snow. Plus I had my kids with. Call me crazy, but I plan to go back next week for another shot...no kids! 

leech~~
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, JBMasterAngler said:

Shipped out at 3:30 this morning. River rock was a really cool place! Wish I would’ve had a few thousand dollars on me, as I wanted to buy all the wood carvings they sold there :whistle:

Fishing sucked! Started at Sioux River. Nothing! Then went up Bayfield with the intention of driving across the ice road, but the sign said cars and small trucks only. So back tracked to Onion River. Nothing! Everybody I talked to got skunked also. Also talked to a guy taking angler surveys, and he said nobody was catching anything. 

I wasn’t able to cover much ground on foot, with all the snow. Plus I had my kids with. Call me crazy, but I plan to go back next week for another shot...no kids! 

Cereal, you got your kids up and headed out at 3:30 AM?  :sleep:

When their older their going to say yeah our Dad was so cool, or freaking crazy! :crazy:  :lol:

Edited by leech~~

JBMasterAngler

My kids love getting up to go on trips in the middle of the night. It’s been a tradition since I was a little kid. Aside from maximizing the day, I also prefer to drive at night. Well, I was hoping that maybe there would be less snow if I was to head up there next week. However, I see snow in Ashland’s forecast. So there might be more! :mad:

Jarrid Houston

It was tough tough fishing this last weekend..  I may have saw you out there?  We were busy guiding, otherwise would of stopped and said hi

JBMasterAngler

Well, if you thought you seen 2 kids laying on the snow sleeping, then that was me. My son actually did nod off for a few minutes. 

JBMasterAngler

Gave it another try. Did better, but still not good. Caught 4 perch. Marked a few other fish. Was another great day on the ice, weather wise though.