• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Flash

Bait to use

Flash

Hey all,

Heading to Mille Lacs tomorrow.  What has been the hot bait?  Shiners, fatheads???

Flash

"Set the Hook"

Jplante

shiners or suckers

IceHawk

Bring a scoop of each and try a variety the fish will tell you what they are preferring. 

Nordern

Smaller suckers and shiners.  One hint is that you may want to get your bait prior to getting close to the lake.  A lot of the area bait shops having a hard time getting the suckers and shiners in the past weeks.

Flash

Thanks!

Flash

"Set the Hook"

fowldreams

suckers, suckers, suckers. This was the only bait that worked for us last weekend and when the fish hit the rattle reels line spooled fast.

Jplante

Fowldreams, did you have shiners? Just curious if preferred them over shiners, or thats just what you had.

Wanderer

Call ahead for shiners.  I’ve heard there aren’t any left in the state.  At Mille Lacs 2 weeks ago I asked for some and the guy looked at me like I was stupid.

Of course I blame that on the question... ;)

fowldreams

There was a couple mixed in the bucket. They were big shiners 5 to 6 inch range. The shiners would be down for 6 hours or so each time and we never waited that long for a sucker to be taken. Just our experience. If a guy could have both I say try and see.

Wanderer

I found a great bait selection at the Baxter Fleet Farm today.  3 sizes of suckers, multiple sizes of golden shiners, and of course fat heads and crappies.

The first bait shop I tried only had fat heads and crappies.

Wanderer

Shiners and suckers not needed for us this weekend.  The better pike were sucking down my wife’s crappie minnows on a demon in 20 feet.

B342B53C-1382-46B0-9675-D49099360BE8.jpeg

Wanderer

D377CF7D-DCA0-4E6F-ABAE-CA2540500DEC.jpeg

• Like 1

Tom Sawyer

You two are sure putting the smack down on some super sized Pike! Those walleye text you just sent were nice too. Your killing me man; I'm off todo more snowblowing. Though to take it when the wife's schoolin' ya', been there lots of times with Patty. Join my club, LOL!

• Haha 1