• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New hook2 series

derbier122x

Question

Anyone have a chance to play with these yet? I'm thinking of getting one to add a second unit to my boat. I have a hook 5 already and it is decent for what I use it for.

Also, if I stay with just the original hook series, anyone know if there is a way to make a copy of the lake chip?

7 answers to this question

No way to copy chip.  Look for a package that includes a chip.   Some have built in map data.   Price on hook2 is really good.  Looks like the war is on. 

The triple shot 7 inch for 399 is an amazing price.   Or they add the data for 200 more which seems like a lot.  

I just ordered the triple shot 7. Looks like a nice simple unit for a great price!

Cliff

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Cliff Wagenbach said:

I just ordered the triple shot 7. Looks like a nice simple unit for a great price!

Cliff

I am interested in your opinion of the unit, and whatever mapping you get for it.   I would really be tempted to upgrade my few year old hdi 7 elite or whatever it is.  

Del,

From what I understand the hook is the upgrade from the Elite series. (which I also have and like).

The Triple Shot has side scan added though. Not sure how useful that will be on Vermilion but some of the guides say they like it.

Cliff

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Cliff Wagenbach said:

Del,

From what I understand the hook is the upgrade from the Elite series. (which I also have and like).

The Triple Shot has side scan added though. Not sure how useful that will be on Vermilion but some of the guides say they like it.

Cliff

I've been wondering for a while about the side scan thing.   I hope it will work for you , and am looking forward to hearing your reports, even from the east end...;)

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'll probably be picking up a Hook 7 Triple Shot as well for one of the boats.   Mapping prices seem out of line with the proprietary  garbage going on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the info. I haven't checked back in a while. Life has been hectic.