• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Spring Turkey

IceHawk

Congrats gimruis!

One more weekend of not hunting for me. Maybe change that this coming weekend.  Finished a landscaping project on Saturday in preparation for our daughters wedding this fall.  Sunday as we were heading to moms day brunch there was a stutter 50 yards off the driveway.  Backside toward us, he never flinched even with two vehicles passing.

He wasn’t anywhere around when we got back of course.  I could only laugh!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Congrats on a nice tom gimruis!

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Nice Birds!

Congrats MJ!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

The Tom turkeys are not playing well the hens are around and have come into the decoys. No Toms to be seen or heard. Lots of ticks today. 

Welcome back Fishandfowl!

Congratulations on your bird.

It seems like it has been a tough year for many.

Hope you can stick around and share your adventures with us some more.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good to have you back fishandfowl!  Gotta love it when a plan comes together.

• Thumbs Up 1

Isn't that something how they don't recognize the blind as a problem?  I've had turkeys walk literally right next to it too.  Nice bird FishandFowl, hope you didn't pulverize it too bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks guy's. Good to be back. Sometimes life just keeps you busy.

Didn't pulverize it just not ideal connection. Nothing a little Hickory smoke and some Cajun Spices won't cure. Here is a pair a friend of mine and I got a few years back. Lucky day to score 2 Toms in the same morning!

Heading out tomorrow for some Walleye's hoping it goes well.

Thanks,

Greg

T2.jpg

Edited by FishandFowl
  • Thumbs Up 2

Welcome back! Congrats on the birds and successful hunt!

• Thumbs Up 1

welcome back fishandfowl

• Thumbs Up 1

I am done turkey hunting for the season and no turkey to show. It’s ok I learned a lot and will be clearing a spot in the brush so I can shoot on both sides of the blind. It was a fun season and had Toms close enough but on the wrong side of the blind. 

Its not easy.  Turkey hunting success rate in MN is only about 20-25% so for every bird harvested, there's 3 or more tags that go unfilled.  And that percentage goes down even more if you're archery hunting.

Edited by gimruis
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 7 months later...

Turkeys ?  on the brain ? 

• l Love It 1

• 4 weeks later...

Got Drawn for season B again no surprise surplus left in my area works for me.?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, IceHawk said:

Got Drawn for season B again no surprise surplus left in my area works for me.?

Feeling it could be snowy season 

Possible you never know guarantee ill b hunting high ground flooding for sure in the lowlands 

The turkeys around here are in the standing corn

This deep snow has the turkeys and pheasants hunting for food sources bigtime. Comeing home from Lake Osakis  yesterday we saw numerous groups of pheasants looking for any amount of food they could find. Not a good sign. Hope we get some warmer weather soon  to open up a few more field tops with available grains and corn otherwise we will definitely see some mortality next year. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I have a friend near Ortonville that texts me pics of the Turks, pheasants and deer that hang around his place for food.  He’s already been seeing dead birds and the deer aren’t leaving the area anymore. ?

I haven’t seen any or any sign around my house for over a month.  I’m expecting the flick of 19 isn’t quite 19 anymore.  They gotta be somewhere- they just aren’t traveling much.  

This snow really needs to end!

D0880C62-F2BD-4ADE-BDF6-739F1EF8C03D.thumb.jpeg.e6aa354cee24e2c22ebc5032e8af4eb0.jpegBC48E3EA-7F1C-471A-BE7D-B8CF159203EB.thumb.jpeg.cb85c78e56e9bd164543d9af20c56967.jpeg7D5D655B-C088-4AC0-B5E6-1A3BE9155414.thumb.jpeg.68a4a776a1451d1d202e0c764c01303e.jpeg0256C503-803C-4CD4-B97A-C2CDC51525AA.thumb.jpeg.b0532f0b90ebb12763f1d595c9d02fa5.jpeg

Edited by Wanderer
  • Wow, ❤ 1

Driving thru Ortonville a week ago it was insane how many deer are in that area and also to the west. When we drove off big stone at the access there were 3 on the ice feeding on over hanging branches. Then on the way back into town there were all over the place. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just over a month out who is getting excited? 

I am I love sitting in the woods watching everything happen. I hope the snow pack melts before the first season. I will be at with the crossbow. No nephew this year but a friend of mine wants to try turkey hunting this spring.