• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

IceHawk

Spring Turkey

monstermoose78

@Borch we having s turkey contest?

Borch

I may work on it today.

• Thanks 2

monstermoose78

Lots of turkeys around and the season can’t come fast enough. I have been practicing with crossbow and patterned the 870 for the nephew. It will be a great time with my nephew sitting in the blind. He said he would get one this year. 

monstermoose78

Looking at getting another call?

IceHawk

I have a few different calls Box, Slate, Glass they all have a time and a place. My favorite is a Cody slate! If its windy Glass is the way to go reaches out then I grab the Primos jackpot. 

monstermoose78

Ok thanks

Borch

I love a box call for windy days but like Chris said rack call h as it's place.  Even changing strikers can make a difference.

DonBo

Busy season for me.  Taking a youth for the early Wisconsin season, then another for the Minnesota opener.  My dad (94 years old this year) has season B, I'm gonna try hard to get him on another bird.   I also do a women's mentored hunt later in May.  Have an archery tag in MN, so going to try to fit that in sometime.  Also hoping to hunt Wisconsin's D season if I get my leftover tag this morning.

Sure hope there'll be time for some spring crappie fishing.

• Like 1

Borch

Score a tag @DonBo?

DonBo
1 hour ago, Borch said:

Score a tag @DonBo?

I did.  Season D.  

• Like 1

paceman

We are getting closer to the MN opener. Just over 3 weeks! I have been patiently waiting for this darn snow to melt. Went for a walkabout Saturday afternoon on one of the properties I have access to. Good thing there were snowmobile trails to walk on. Otherwise there is about 15" of hard crunchy snow that you break through every other step. That just sucks... Saw some tracks so I know there are a few around but the birds don't really winter here. They come back when the snow is gone. So hurry up spring, stop snowing and get warm!

IceHawk

Been hearing some gobbling in the mornings and witness some strutting activity. Warm spells gets them a little fired up. It was sure nice hearing some gobbles after a long winter. :cool:

• Like 1

going4it

When you wish you had THAT property to hunt 

78924315-16C0-4DED-A0A1-1C58EF560B16.jpeg

• Like 1

DonBo

Checked my archery only spot Sunday and saw 15 jakes running together. They sure played hell with my hunt last year, always running off the bigger toms.  Looks like it may be more of the same this year.

monstermoose78
19 minutes ago, DonBo said:

Checked my archery only spot Sunday and saw 15 jakes running together. They sure played hell with my hunt last year, always running off the bigger toms.  Looks like it may be more of the same this year.

I will be dealing with the same thing, but there were 4 groups of Toms. One pair which could be the same pair as last year, a group of 5, a group of 7, and a group of 4 they all had beards. The group of jakes is between 20-30 birds. I only saw 3 hens Back there but they could have been more in the corn. This year I am going to try and help my team more and see if I can stick a bigger bird, but if a Jake gives me a great shot bingo game over.

monstermoose78

no snow crazy!! O well it will all work out.

IceHawk

We heard a couple gobbles while fishing this morning. Commented to Borch that we might need heaters in the blinds for sure this year :crazy: lol!

Borch

Looking at the extended forecast the next 50 degree day is 4/13.  The next 60 degree day is 4/29.  Brrrr....

I might be ice fishing right up to the beginning of "B" season.   

gimruis

Who's going turkey hunting in the snow!  Season A could easily be more like winter out there.

monstermoose78

@IceHawk you are going down in the turkey contest!

IceHawk

Nick That sounds like a challenge I'm up for ;)

• Like 1

monstermoose78
57 minutes ago, IceHawk said:

Nick That sounds like a challenge I'm up for ;)

It’s on

• Like 1

paceman

Might have to drag out the snow camo for turkeys! Crazy thought! No way the snow is gone until probably May...

monstermoose78
5 hours ago, paceman said:

Might have to drag out the snow camo for turkeys! Crazy thought! No way the snow is gone until probably May...

The snow might go for the most part, but there might be some snow in the shade.

ANYFISH2

Intellicast has 12"-20" more inches of snow for Friday-Sunday here in Randall.  Being so far out, i am sure it will be less. Golly, I am sure over this snow stuff.

It will sure put a damper on walking to find a good set up if it is true.