• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Spearing near Grand View Lodge

Hello,

I am staying at Grand View Lodge this weekend for my daughter's birthday. I am wondering if anyone has some recommendation's of where to possibly spear some pike? I have looked at all the bays on Gull lake that look promising as well as North Long Lake. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it! I would like to bring my daughter to see if she can watch. I am not looking at big pike as I pass on fish over 5-6 pounds but just a spot where we can spot some fish and hopefully hit some panfish.

thank you!

good luck to you!!  no idea to help you there but had to look twice at your name!!!:lol:

hope you can your daughter out there!!!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
monstermoose78

North long has great panfish and some pike

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Oohfersuure
      I would explore helical footings.  Why not? Below is a company I’ve worked with. Not sure if they work up north or if they know someone that does? They are knowledgeable, a phone call should do er’ and see what you can find out. Good luck!   https://goliathtechmn.com/
    • eyeguy 54
      I just look at pics 😁😂😉
    • eyeguy 54
      Remind me to bring tums!! Lol
    • Rick G
      ice is still looking good, have roughly 24inces give or take a little. Cats have been kinda tough to find in any real numbers. I have done a bit of scouting this week.  I think I might have an area pinned down that has activity... Will do a bit more scouting this weekend and into next week.   Will Have  The location posted by Mid week for sure.  Will also keep monitoring ice conditions.
    • Rick G
      Well, might as well add some details to Royce's pics...lol With the longer days and warming weather pattern this week.  We have started to see more quality fish moving shallow to take advantage of the food and cover skinny water provides. Panfish start to move out from the basins during late winter to feed on the insects that become more active as the days get longer and warmer. There is also more oxygen available due to the weeds starting to grow again.     We have been finding more quality fish showing up in the 8-12 ft areas close to the greenest thickest weed available.  Insect type baits  like the p3 spug, the chigger fry and mayfly rigged on 3-4mm tungsten jigs have been working best.
    • Better Than Working!
      Never been there in may but early to mid June has provided lots of great memories!
    • JerkinLips
      Have fished 15 hours the last yesterday and today without catching a walleye. Y store only had crappie minnows and Fuel and Food had no minnows Thursday morning when I came up so I had to fish with the crappie minnows. My fish house neighbor caught 3 walleyess yesterday morning on pike suckers so I went back into town to get some after bait was delivered. Didn't help. I have only caught four 15" tulibee and a 12" perch. Switching to lake trout the rest of the weekend. 34" of ice. Gas sugar barely made it through. McKinley Park landing has a lot of water on the plowed road as you enter the lake. The Ice Castles may have a hard time getting off the lake this weekend. Good luck if you venture out and be careful.
    • gimruis
      I haven't got mine either.  But I don't intend to fish again until there's open water.  Carry on Bob
    • smurfy
      awe man............🤧😪 nice.................👍
    • eyeguy 54

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.