• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Fathom

Fishing this weekend

Fathom

Hi there,

Going to be going out of Garrison this weekend and just looking for some ideas on depths to target? I've been looking at some reports and they have been saying target shallow depths but it is hard to form a consensus on such a big lake. Only fished Mille lacs a few times with hit or miss results, just trying to swing my odds more into the hit region.  And good luck to everyone Fishing for Ducks!

monstermoose78

If you fish shallow be ready well before dark. Have you holes cut so you can bounce around the structure. I would target the deep water this the time of year the hatches start happening out on the mud. Your chance of catching walleyes during the day from deep water are much better than the shallow water imo. Fish the mud during the day and move to the shallow areas about 430

IceHawk

Have to agree with moose. He's spot on about getting holes cut well before prime time.  The water is gin clear and those shallow fish can be spooky. Personally I would target the deep basins and mud flat areas now those bug hatches should be starting to pop. The reports I'm hearing from friends up there are that jigging is bringing them in but most of the fish are comeing from dead sticks, bobber rigs, tip ups, or rattle rigs right now. Seems stationary is the ticket right now. Good luck 

Fathom

Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know how we do over the weekend.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fathom

Struck out first night, got set up late. Went out of terry’s harbor and tried rock reef. Probably making a move 

monstermoose78

How deep were you fishing? I am hearing the deep water off the mud flats.

Fathom

23’ couldn’t get where we wanted because of ridge

esoxman

How shallow are you talking early and late?

monstermoose78

6-16 feet at night but you need to set up an hour or more before. No loud music no crazy noise. Shiners are helpful but good luck getting any. My brother has been doing great and one end of his house is 7 feet the other end is in 15. He doing best during the week other people come up and start drilling at prime time

Fathom

Set up deeper on rock reef for the rest of the weekend and only managed one fish (26" eye), missed a couple others. We wanted to stay deeper due to all the traffic on the lake. We did enjoy a good time at Fishing for Ducks, we saw a nice walleye pulled through the ice but it only measured 27.5". Talk about a bummer for that guy!