• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Jake Zeleznikar
      By Jake Zeleznikar
      I'm looking into insurance options for an Ice House and wondering what advice or recommendations anyone has on the best type of coverage. Also, if I want to be able to rent out my ice house when I'm not using it but not as an "outfitter" or "guide" would that be something that typical coverage wouldn't cover if a profit is being made since I wouldn't have the coverage that a company running as an outfitter would have? (Such as how normal car insurance doesn't cover an Uber driver when they are logged into the app and giving someone a ride because they are consequently on the road more often and making a profit.) Any and all information or recommendations would be extremely helpful!
    • Borch
      By Borch
      St Cloud Get Together 2/24/18, 8:00 am until you want to leave
      The St Cloud Get Together will be on Cedar Island Lake near Richmond.    As of today the ice conditions appear to be excellent with 2 feet or more of good ice in all areas except necked down current areas.  The highlighted routes are being traveled frequently at this point.   The Cedar Island Lake is well known for a great place to catch channel catfish through the ice.  What you may not know is that it is also and excellent spot for catch crappies, walleyes and the infamous party crappie,(rock bass).  Channel cats can be caught on the same gear you use for crappies or walleyes.  Those targeting cats often use pieces of minnows, chicken liver or live minnows.  These baits can be fish under a sensitive bobber or jigged on a small jigging spoon.  Despite there size, channel cats can be very light biters so take that into account.  Crappies can be caught on the usual crappie techniques, including plastics.   So if cats aren't your thing there still the crappies or walleyes to target.    As the name implies, this event is mostly for fun.  It's a great way to meet others from the forum, tell stories, share techniques and maybe even a few fishing spots.  
      There will be a potluck about noon with a raffle drawing following lunch.  The plan is to have a fish fry with any donated catfish, crappies or walleyes from the morning.  If folks could pack a fillet knife and a fish cleaning board that would be great.  Also storing fish so they don't freeze makes the cleaning process so much easier.  Bring a dish to pass.  This is a family friendly event so bring the whole family!  I will have some fishing goodies for the kids.

Cedar Island Lake is south of Richmond MN on CR 22 east of Horseshoe lake.  There is a public access about 3 miles south of Hwy 23 on CR 71 that is a good option for cars or wheelhouses as the CR 22 access is a bit steep.  For those who have used the winter access for Horseshoe Lake the Cedar Island winter access is directly across the road from this access.
      I look forwards to seeing you all there!

• LaMarr Uhuru
      By LaMarr Uhuru
      So I'm fishing white bear lake tomorrow in 7deagree weather.
        I'l be there around 520am  
      LOOKING FOR WALLEYES CRAPPIES N PEARCH TO KEEP. WHERE IS AH GOOD SPOT TO START FISHING.   can anyone lead me somewhere goodg
    • Borch
      By Borch
      St Cloud Get Together 2/25/17, 8:00 am until you want to leave
      The St Cloud Get Together will be on Horseshoe Lake near Richmond.  The event will be held near a spot called the Meth Hole.  The area gets this name from the methane gas bubbles that sometimes leaves a small hole in the ice.  As of today the ice conditions appear to be adequate.   The Meth Hole area is well known for a great place to catch channel catfish through the ice.  What you may not know is that it is also and excellent spot for catch crappies, walleyes and the infamous party crappie,(rock bass).  Channel cats can be caught on the same gear you use for crappies or walleyes.  Those targeting cats often use pieces of minnows, chicken liver or live minnows.  These baits can be fish under a sensitive bobber or jigged on a small jigging spoon.  Despite there size, channel cats can be very light biters so take that into account.  Crappies can be caught on the usual crappie techniques, including plastics.   So if cats aren't your thing there still the crappies or walleyes to target.    As the name implies, this event is mostly for fun.  It's a great way to meet others from the forum, tell stories, share techniques and maybe even a few fishing spots. 
      There will be a potluck about noon.  The plan is to have a fish fry with any donated catfish, crappies or walleyes from the morning.  If folks could pack a fillet knife and a fish cleaning board that would be great.  Also storing fish so they don't freeze makes the cleaning process so much easier.  Bring a dish to pass.  This is a family friendly event so bring the whole family!  I will have some fishing goodies for the kids.
      We will need to monitor ice conditions as it's been a weird winter so far.  Given the current ice thickness it is important that vehicles are spread out a bit.  Try to avoid parking 3-4 vehicles right next to each other.  Know what your vehicle and fishhouse needs for ice based on it's weight.

Horseshoe Lake is south of Richmond MN on CR 22.  There is a public access about 1 mile south of Hwy 23.  DO NOT USE this access as it sits on the river and is a high current area.  Instead use the winter access further south(see on map).
      I look forwards to seeing you all there!
    • Pat McGraw
      By Pat McGraw
      Anyone know of a good ice fishing lake near vermilion? Perhaps something with a hot panfish bite.
    • UncleKes
      By UncleKes
      I used to fish a small lake just north of Malmo on Milla Lacs at a town called Glen.  The Lake was called Clear Lake.  I have not fished it in quite some time and wondered if anyone has any information on it.  (Ice conditions, whats biting, etc.)
      I moved to St. Cloud a few years ago but thought it might be nice to ice fish the lake this winter.  I used to catch some nice stringers of perch, crappies, and sunfish.  
      Can anyone tell me if they are still selling bait at the Gas Station/RestaurantStore at Malmo?
      Any info would be appreciated.
      Uncle Kes
    • Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Got on a small lake in the Bemidji area to chase after some BIG panfish. Snowstorm came through and made them finicky but managed to pull couple topside for a pic. 5mm Tungsten jig tipped with a Trigger X mustache worm did the trick! Probably my favorite fish to catch in the winter!

• Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Got on a small lake in the Bemidji area to chase after some BIG panfish. Snowstorm came through and made them finicky but managed to pull couple topside for a pic. 5mm Tungsten jig tipped with a Trigger X mustache worm did the trick! Probably my favorite fish to catch in the winter

• Rick
      By Rick
      Minnesota Ice Fishing Reports by Area - Share you ice fishing stories here...Click it to set the hook!!!
    • Horseshoe_Don
      By Horseshoe_Don
      Was out walleye fishing tonight and the cats were pretty aggressive just after dark.   Caught 2 cats that were 4-5 pounds and lost another just as big.   Ate some tasty walleye also.

Don

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• bbfenatic
      Early ice I am always targeting big crappies not numbers and I always start shallower in the weeds that are still green and I use bigger profile spoons tipped with a minnow head or even a large plastic monnow profile. I find that the larger crappies will  move in for a short while and be feeding on the remaining minnows until they head back out. I fish in that 6-9" area with great results very early ice.
    • jgrimmz
      I'll be out second weekend in my traditional spot as well. Always see deer but I have yet to stick one. Hoping this is the year!
    • jgrimmz
      Wow, impressive! I was out in northern MN over the weekend and, while working on stands, flushed six. No shots as all were roosted high in the trees thanks to the rain, but made for some excitement at least.
    • AlwaysFishing23
      I worked all last summer at camp lawn mowing. I’ll tell ya it was a lot of work but very rewarding. I love hands on work and like to get the job done. The one day it was to hot to mow so we jumped in the trucks and did a 60 mile loop down range. Let me tell ya there’s some nice deer out there this year. I’ve been around camp my whole life but yet to experience the full “experience” of camp. It was so cool. Ferrell would be a good bet for eyes or gills very small pretty lake indeed. Good luck to all who will be participating and we look forward to hearing your stories. 
    • AlwaysFishing23
      What I’m starting to find out is there’s not a specific case as everyone has there own liking and what they want in a rod case. With that being said yes going to a ice show or like the thorn bros gathering will allow you to look any many different rigs and choose which would work best for you. 
    • ANYFISH2
      Farrell lake has some walleyes we could try!   Your in 2nd weekend as well Tom?
    • monstermoose78
      Good luck in ripley guys!!
    • monstermoose78
      These crappies came from a feeding flat.
    • monstermoose78
      Lol wrong topic for that photo I could not figure out where this post went stupid phone
    • BrianF
      The water temp had dropped to anywhere between 44 to 40, depending on where you were. Saw as low as 37 in Bystrom Bay. The temp we saw the most was 41.  It’s cold!