• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Musky Bait Box

lawman

I am in the market for a tackle box that will hold bucktails and large spinner baits. The only one I found on line costs $149 and is made by Lakewood. Very nice box but more than I want to pay. Any ideas on other products would be appreciated.

How many lures? I have a few plano hanging lure boxes and can fit 50+ large salmon spoons in them. Under 10 bucks to.

I have about 40 bucktails and spinnerbaits. How deep are those boxes you have? some of these baits are around 9 to 10 inches long

I use a Plano Sportsman box, (or what ever tub/box that works for you) which gives you the depth.  Purchase a 10' section of vinyl downspout and adhesive from your local Menards/Home Depot.  Cut the downspout to the desired length and glue together.  Stand on end and place in the box, hang lures.  Very inexpensive!

13 hours ago, lawman said:

I have about 40 bucktails and spinnerbaits. How deep are those boxes you have? some of these baits are around 9 to 10 inches long

2-3 boxes should fit that. It says it holds 75 spinner baits but looks to be only about 6 inches tall so may not work in this case.

Some sort of hanging contraption seems to work the best.  However, with the somewhat absurd size and shape that some of these muskie lures are coming in now, even that has become tougher to make work.