• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Brainerd jc

eyeguy 54

Somewhere else I read that these guys also did this at the Fish a Plooza at Forest Lake, that resulted in that event being canceled.  

The perch they caught on Gull was bigger than anything ever seen on the lake.....  Seems fishy.

By purchasing a ticket for the contest you agree to take a polygraph at the discretion of the judges or forfeit your prize.

These guys are either crafty at catching pike or larger than average perch in contests or crafty at something else.  I know there were crafty fishermen out there that have things dialed in.

I left that contest not feeling crafty at all. :lol:

It seems to be more than a coincidence but at the same time you have to ask yourself how would even be possible to "sneak in" a 3 pound pike and then keep it alive long enough, especially with 12,000 others watching you?  It just doesn't even seem possible to me.

be interesting to hear how this all plays out...somethings fishy when Ohio anglers keep showing up to MN fishing tourneys and then win consistently!  something just doesn't smell right with this

• Confused 1

Something tells me they need to take a look at the cameras at the motel they stayed at and see if anything strange happened. Like pulling some fish out of a cooler before the contest.

Our “Fishing Council” weighed in on this the other day and came up with a couple things that make you say Hmmm...

If this is turning into a business for the group, would they be so crafty as to have under the ice techniques of getting certain fish on their lines?

They stay on the edge.  There are LOTS of private fish houses surrounding the contest area, on Gull at least.  Sure, there’s a neutral zone border but it’s not so far that a line couldn’t get connected somehow or diver could swim from one of the houses. 

I’d rather think these guys were just really that good at this but questions do come up.

Who’s the “ Fishing Council”? Agreed, I think maybe they just knew what they were doing. Like me :lol:. But of course there’s always going to be skeptics asking questions. And when you  have say 30-40k being given away can you help but ask questions? Just a thought.

2 hours ago, AlwaysFishing23 said:

Who’s the “ Fishing Council”? 

You know many, many of the members. :lol:

One of the officials at the maple lake derby last weekend asked a 12ish year old kid what lake he caught his walleye on... he was almost in tears.

2 hours ago, Wanderer said:

You know many, many of the members. :lol:

Ohh yes!! I think I know the group quite well to say the least.:)