• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

FirstIce

Marcum case modifications/accessorizing

FirstIce

Has anyone mounted any accessories to the side of their marcum case? Rod holders, lights, etc? It would be nice if marcum had an option to hold a rod or two on the case for hole hopping. Something similar like vexilar. I realize the new shuttle has this option but I am not about to spend that money just to have a rod carrying option. 

Edited by FirstIce

Wanderer

I haven’t added anything to mine but I’m sure a person could dream up a few ideas that resemble the Shuttle set up.  After all, someone did and put it into production.

If you don’t mind cutting holes in your case you could probably through bolt a few things to the plastic frame.  Or, live without the case and start clamping things on the frame as it is.

The case is nice for protection but it’s not needed at all for function.  I’ve considered running without the case a few times before.

Get some scrap pieces of PVC and test fit for rod holders.  I can picture how it would work in my head.

Good luck!

Horseshoe_Don

I have an lx-9 and bought the lithium shuttle and it is worth every penny and I dont even use the rod holders.   It has a light to glow lures.  I can charge my cell off of it and the battery can last up to 40 hours which is very important for a lx-9.   It also carries like a vex when using it on the ice and fits in a bucket.  and it has 4 mounting screws on it.   I know you said you did not want to spend the money but I am glad i did.

Don

AlwaysFishing23

Not a marcum but I’ve got a ultra pack and newly for this year a humminbird mounted on a Genz box. I haven’t done a lot to it yet due to lack of time but I did put a clam sled light on the front, some PVC on the back for rod holders and of course stickers. The ultra pack I haven’t done much to but the hold holders come with it only thing I’d like to do is also add a light some how.