• GUESTS

    If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

    This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

  • WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

    You know what we all love...

    RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Recommended Posts

leech~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smurfy

wow.........i'm shocked. its 27 miles from our cabin. stopped there also snowmobiling and coming thru fishing. quiet the place. so sad to hear.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PRO-V

Went by yesterday. Just a pile of steel sheeting and ashes. Sad.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smurfy

Any clue how it started? Really a bummer. Just remembering some of the fun times there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PRO-V

Haven't heard yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smurfy

hows that place by the cenex doing? use to be called the crow bar now i think its called fish scales or something like that. like i said havent been over that way in a while.

i can remember when my dad was alive he would tease the grandkids that they were going to go to the crow bar to eat crow. man they got wound up!!!!!!!:grin: 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eyeguy 54

Fish Tales.  I love stopping there for the wild rice burger. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eyeguy 54

Video of the fire on Geiger's Trails End Resort on fb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smurfy
36 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Fish Tales.  I love stopping there for the wild rice burger. 

well i had the general idea!!!!!!!!:grin:

 

yea i dont think i can get into watching someones bad luck.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eyeguy 54

really great burgers!  never made it to the other place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gunner55

Went there on Tuesdays, cheap burger night, often. Only 15 miles from us. The owners husband built our new place on the lake late '13 - early '14. Good people

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
leech~~
1 hour ago, gunner55 said:

Went there on Tuesdays, cheap burger night, often. Only 15 miles from us. The owners husband built our new place on the lake late '13 - early '14. Good people

Any noises yet about rebuilding up there? They still have the little Motel which I have stayed at before so I would think they would rebuild the bar?

Edited by leech~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gunner55

We were up to Fish Tales on 1/15, their cheap burger night, to check it out & see if some of the regulars from The Hill would show up there. Burgers were OK, we like The Hill's better, & we seen 1 familiar face. Everybody was friendly, so as we had a couple & had our burgers we  got to BS'ing with everybody. Even the bartender agreed that he thought they would rebuild eventually & that Jerry would probably be doing the building as he wouldn't l want anyone else to do it, since that's what he does. We thought It might easily be a year or more though by the time the Fire Marshall is done, the insurance company does their thing, & then the actual construction. That was all Danielle's thing, as that's what she did while Jerry worked construction 16-18 hrs a day. He's done a lot of work around our lake, especially on our(south) end. 

Edited by gunner55
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
leech~~
5 minutes ago, gunner55 said:

We were up to Fish Tales on 1/15, their cheap burger night, to check it out & see if some of the regulars from The Hill would show up there. Burgers were OK, we like The Hill's better, & we seen 1 familiar face. Everybody was friendly, so as we had a couple & had our burgers we  got to BS'ing with everybody. Even the bartender agreed that he thought they would rebuild eventually & that Jerry would probably be doing the building as he wouldn't l want anyone else to do it, since that's what he does. We thought It might easily be a year or more though by the time the Fire Marshall is done, the insurance company does their thing, & then the actual construction. That was all Danielle's thing, as that's what she did while Jerry worked construction 16-18 hrs a day. He's done a lot of work around our lake, especially on our(south) end. 

Once of the real sad deals when ever there is a fire like this, is all the non-replaceable history hanging on the walls like fish, deer heads, old pictures and funny old signs. :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gunner55

We thought it was a fairly new construction(70's) but were told that the original building went back to the 1934

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coldtrack

Jerry and Danielle are good friends of mine, I live just up the road from them, I probably helped pour the concrete at Leeches house. Yours the one on Bass? Jerry starts building it will go quick, The Hill after all was the only bar IN the town of Squaw Lake. Very sad seeing things like this happen, Jerry had just completed the last remodel on the place, he is a hard worker.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gunner55

No, we are the 1 on Sand just north of LL. He built the neighbors just north of us last season. The stop sign on CO RD 35 by the Portage bridge, just a couple places north of that. Jerry did the 1 on Bass just after ours. We demo'ed starting the day after Labor Day 2013 & were unloading the pod back into the new place by late April 2014. We've got to know a lot of nice people at The Hill over the last 3 -4 years. Probably even talked with you. Some of the Tuesday bunch know us as the brothers from Ia.

Edited by gunner55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
leech~~
1 hour ago, gunner55 said:

We thought it was a fairly new construction(70's) but were told that the original building went back to the 1934

You could tell by the creaky old wood floors by the bar and the hall to the rest rooms that they had been there a while.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smurfy
2 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

You could tell by the creaky old wood floors by the bar and the hall to the rest rooms that they had been there a while.

oh yea but thats what makes places like that cool!!!!!!!!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smurfy
1 hour ago, Coldtrack said:

Jerry and Danielle are good friends of mine, I live just up the road from them, I probably helped pour the concrete at Leeches house. Yours the one on Bass? Jerry starts building it will go quick, The Hill after all was the only bar IN the town of Squaw Lake. Very sad seeing things like this happen, Jerry had just completed the last remodel on the place, he is a hard worker.

 

so how long was the harbor open???? i remember when that was open back in the day. we used to attend the catholic church in squaw lake.............heck i was even an alter boy there back in the day!!!!

5 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

You could tell by the creaky old wood floors by the bar and the hall to the rest rooms that they had been there a while.

you want creaky old uneven floors.............??? check out hayslips corner in talmoon. now there's a treet to see!!!!!!!!:grin: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
leech~~
30 minutes ago, smurfy said:

so how long was the harbor open???? i remember when that was open back in the day. we used to attend the catholic church in squaw lake.............heck i was even an alter boy there back in the day!!!!

you want creaky old uneven floors.............??? check out hayslips corner in talmoon. now there's a treet to see!!!!!!!!:grin: 

Yeah been there, and most around Marcel, Big fork, Effie, Togo, to name a few when up snowmobiling the area. :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smurfy
12 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Yeah been there, and most around Marcel, Big fork, Effie, Togo, to name a few when up snowmobiling the area. :)

UGH......... you've been close to my turf then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin: where 7 miles west of talmoon. we are close to the megatropolis of spring lake mn.  awesome sleddin trails up there!!!!!!!!! now i'm getting to old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
leech~~
3 minutes ago, smurfy said:

UGH......... you've been close to my turf then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin: where 7 miles west of talmoon. we are close to the megatropolis of spring lake mn.  awesome sleddin trails up there!!!!!!!!! now i'm getting to old.

One of my buddies has a cabin on 145 right by Dora Lake.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smurfy

bout 15 miles north of us. we are off cty rd 29.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

    • srj
      We also ran into Fisky on the lake as well as at the weigh-in. He is a fun guy to share a boat seat with.....and catches lots of fish big and small. We had a 30 1/4 fairly early but struggled to find 18 - 19 inchers. Or 16 or 17's. We had 1 18 and finally kept two 14 1/2's as the day wound down.  Not getting nice unders was really unexpected. But color us very happy with the results. Good luck
    • rumeye
      Try these guy's they helped me out one time   https://www.warnersdock.com/ They are in New Richmond WI.
    • Chill62
      Awesome...Always was wondering what happened to him on here.  Sounds like the crappies are on fire back home and here I'm working day 9 straight
    • Wanderer
      If Minn Kota doesn’t supply them any longer, you should search the typical on line sales sites in case someone is advertising new old stock parts. I have a 55lb Maxxum on my fishing boat that needs a new armature.  MK doesn’t sell them anymore either.  I did find some new lower units available and some armatures.  I don’t have the serial number sticker on my TM anymore to know for sure what armature to get so I took mine to an electric motor shop to be rewound.  The cost is about the same as a new lower unit though. I might just as well get the lower unit with new seals and such but it is really a wash on price and everything else is in good shape. Check more resources if you haven’t already is my advice.  Good luck.
    • Joshua
      Hello,  I have an older model minn kota trolling motor.  Its a 1999 All Terrain Power Max 44lb Thrust.    I cannot seem to find a new foot pedal system for it. Should I just get a new trolling motor? Thanks in advance for any help
    • monstermoose78
      It’s the greatest experience to take a kid duck hunting on youth day. There is not enough kids out there to chase the ducks away. When I take kids o rarely see another person hunting. I wish they had youth day when I was a kid. Stop being selfish and give the kids a chance!
    • delcecchi
      I think that's a great way to do it.  Probably only takes a minute to put it on or take it off. 
    • Pat McGraw
      The guy I bought our place from had an 1/8" cable right down the center of the whole dock. I'll likely move towards a more invisible, section by section approach. However, the full length cable setup has been effective and not as intrusive as one may imagine. Really easy to fasten all the sections at once. May be able to see in the attached
    • DLD24
      Headed north to a little perch and walleye lake this morning. The day didn't start the greatest, go to take off from the landing and the boat porpoised like a mofo... Ah crap forgot the plug haha haven't done that one in a few years... The day got better from there, we found fish stacked up on the wind blown weed line... There were so many fish I assumed they were schools of big perch, but they were mostly smaller walleyes with some real nice keepers mixed in... Crawlers under a bobber were the ticket... They would hardly touch a leech.
    • bbfenatic
      Many of you FM long termers remember FisherDog from way back...he used to post all the time before he moved to Florida.  He was up for a couple days this past week and we got on a good crappie bite in the area, he is a Crappie Guru and man we worked hard but had fun...boated well over 100 in 2 days on the outside weed edges...many absolute Donkeys. Kept a few smaller ones so he could have a fish fry for his family...couple of pics...he's in the blue shirt.