• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Area Get Together 2/24/18 - Fishing Reports? Updated 2/21/18

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators
5 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Looks like a little bit of snow.

But still temps hanging around 30 degrees.  I may need to bring a pop up shelter for frying fish if it does snow.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, nytelyter said:

So l@@king to saturday. i will be sporting the new otter lodge xt pro modded out and way ready to go will have my 8" lazer on the new 40v strikemaster and may bring the 3hp power head as well. my girlfriend will be coming and she is stoked for the fun time. thanks everyone for the awesome prizes and also the pre-fishing. will be checking the forum before saturday for updated info. has anyone volunteered to bring a garbage can or two along with some bags yet?? if not i can handle that

i will bring some chips and a pan of mounds bars for lunch oh some "pie"  this event always has to have "pie"

Born to Fish. Forced to Work

A couple garbage cans woyld be great.

It would he great to get an estimated head count of people planning on coming.  So I know how many tables to bring for food.  Feel free to post with your number.

Also if anyone would be willing to bring a fillet knife along to help clean a few fish if we need to.  I will bring some freshly filleted cats and some panfish to get us started.  

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I still plan on bringing some mystery fish soup. :) Styro cups and spoons also. 

St Cloud Get Together 2/24/18, 8:00 am until you want to leave

The St Cloud Get Together will be on Cedar Island Lake near Richmond.    As of today the ice conditions appear to be excellent with 2 feet or more of good ice in all areas except necked down current areas.  The highlighted routes are being traveled frequently at this point.   The Cedar Island Lake is well known for a great place to catch channel catfish through the ice.  What you may not know is that it is also and excellent spot for catch crappies, walleyes and the infamous party crappie,(rock bass).  Channel cats can be caught on the same gear you use for crappies or walleyes.  Those targeting cats often use pieces of minnows, chicken liver or live minnows.  These baits can be fish under a sensitive bobber or jigged on a small jigging spoon.  Despite there size, channel cats can be very light biters so take that into account.  Crappies can be caught on the usual crappie techniques, including plastics.   So if cats aren't your thing there still the crappies or walleyes to target.    As the name implies, this event is mostly for fun.  It's a great way to meet others from the forum, tell stories, share techniques and maybe even a few fishing spots.  

There will be a potluck about noon with a raffle drawing following lunch.  The plan is to have a fish fry with any donated catfish, crappies or walleyes from the morning.  If folks could pack a fillet knife and a fish cleaning board that would be great.  Also storing fish so they don't freeze makes the cleaning process so much easier.  Bring a dish to pass.  This is a family friendly event so bring the whole family!  I will have some fishing goodies for the kids.

2018 St Cloud Gathering Map.jpg

Cedar Island Lake is south of Richmond MN on CR 22 east of Horseshoe lake.  There is a public access about 3 miles south of Hwy 23 on CR 71 that is a good option for cars or wheelhouses as the CR 22 access is a bit steep.  For those who have used the winter access for Horseshoe Lake the Cedar Island winter access is directly across the road from this access.

I look forward to seeing you all there!

• Thumbs Up 2

Heading out Friday for the weekend. Bringing the castle out for the first time on the chain. When heading to this spot from the CR 71 access is there anything I need to stay clear of? I have a 17ft house and a 3/4 ton diesel. Thanks in advance and look forward to meeting you all!

Edited by YourBobersDown

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Ice is fine from that access . People have been going out of it all winter nice and flat to take a wheel house out of not like the other one. Follow Jeffs map from the access and you will be fine. There should b a truck trail out there. Ice is in great shape.  Some good walleye fishing in that area also. Bonus if the catfish are stingy. Looking forward to meeting you. 

Edited by IceHawk

Wanting to get a rough idea of a head count, for those of you planning on attending along with any of your guests, please chime in with a number....5a8db915d2276_02211810251.thumb.jpg.b8d5326d74f3e9fde82b5af101ecb20a.jpgAnother box of goodies arrived today.  Thanks Rick P! ( the owner of FM/HSO) for the jigs. As I said earlier, everyone will be a winner.....

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Just did a drive over through the area looking good.  Public access off 71 is perfect for wheel houses theres a nice trail to follow to the area. Hopefully we don't get a bunch of snow to cover it. Ill be bringing some brats and buns to cook up and add to the potluck. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you guys think it would be possible to drive out with a 2wd vehicle via the 71 access?    I see the forecast for Thursday night is a few inches...   

there will be me +1 and i want to get an early start what time do you early guys plan on being there i hope to hit the ice about 6-630. and would like someone to point me to the catch zone.. i will bring two cans and bags and am really looking forward to this event as it has beenm a few years since i have attended

Where do you get the Blood Spray?

And I am not a newbie   Just signing on from a different account... I am excited and bringing 10 people with me   GREAT  people...

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Trenchdawg77 said:

Where do you get the Blood Spray?

That's a tightly held secret Willie! maybe Darren, @DTro will share....

• Thumbs Up 1

Just looking at the weather you all should check it out! They are calling for up to 8 inches of snow and strong winds. Please use caution! @Borch @Tom Sawyer @eyeguy 54 @IceHawk I know things could change but this could end up being nasty. I just want to give you all a heads up.

3 minutes ago, monstermoose78 said:

Just looking at the weather you all should check it out! They are calling for up to 8 inches of snow and strong winds. Please use caution! @Borch @Tom Sawyer @eyeguy 54 @IceHawk I know things could change but this could end up being nasty. I just want to give you all a heads up.

it would be just my luck that (havent watch weather yet) the weather folks finally got it right

I just checked it this morning and they were talking an inch or less.  Jeez...

• Thumbs Up 1

Cheetah as of today you could of easily will have to see how much snow we get tomorrow night. Today I drove my fullsize chevy across from 71 access to the access on the other end with 2 wd. Didn't have to lock it in 4wd. Lets hope the snow misses 

Saturday looks not bad on accu weather so far. lets hope for a nice day. 

5 hours ago, Tom Sawyer said:

Wanting to get a rough idea of a head count, for those of you planning on attending along with any of your guests, please chime in with a number....5a8db915d2276_02211810251.thumb.jpg.b8d5326d74f3e9fde82b5af101ecb20a.jpgAnother box of goodies arrived today.  Thanks Rick P! ( the owner of FM/HSO) for the jigs. As I said earlier, everyone will be a winner.....

WE are already  WINNERS we belong to one of the best fishing groups in Minnesota!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Nytyler I personally wont be there that early but maybe some of the others might be. I'm planning on first light or so. The area jeff has circled has been holding small schools all winter. The flat area to the NW area and the breakline along the North shore has been holding fish from 6-19 ft. I know there was some roaming the basin area to the west earlier this winter so I'm sure this area will be investigated also. 

Edited by IceHawk

2 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Just curious....where did you see this^^^^^^forecast?

2 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Thanks MM.  Hopefully they are way over board but we'll keep an eye on it.

Figures the weather would end up being bad. I have been wanting to come to this event ever since it was conceived but between health conditions, prior commitments, family issues and weather conditions I have never been able to make it. My wife and I may come up if the weather isn't too bad but I don't feel like driving home in a blizzard. 

• The topic was unpinned