• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

MyDogRyder

New to Annandale Area - Walleye & Crappie Ice Fishing?

MyDogRyder

Hello everyone. I moved to the Annandale area this last Spring and am looking for some basic info on the area lakes. I have twin 2 year olds and want to try some tip-ups for Pike with them once it warms up and if I can get out solo, look for some Crappies and Walleyes. 

What lakes would you suggest? Thanks in advance!!!

• Like 1

leech~~
2 hours ago, MyDogRyder said:

Hello everyone. I moved to the Annandale area this last Spring and am looking for some basic info on the area lakes. I have twin 2 year olds and want to try some tip-ups for Pike with them once it warms up and if I can get out solo, look for some Crappies and Walleyes. 

What lakes would you suggest? Thanks in advance!!!

Welcome to Annandale and the Forums.  Try Little Jim's bait a mile or so East out of town on hwy 55. They have a lot of knowledge of the area.

Good Luck. :)

workin4bait
Posted (edited)

I would not get my hopes up on getting any info at Little Jim's. Been there a couple times and only received misinformation,but you might be more lucky than me. 

Most lakes in the area have pike, Pleasant lake right in town is a fine choice. I do not ice fish that area for walleyes.

Edited by workin4bait
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mrpike1973

Lake Francis can be great for pike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

fishersofmen

Clearwater. Its big and can be challenging but it has quality fish of everything your looking for. Also because of its size you can usually get away from the crowds and find some good spots where no one is at which I appreciate.

Edited by fishersofmen
  • Thanks 1

Tom Sawyer
1 hour ago, fishersofmen said:

Clearwater. Its big and can be challenging but it has quality fish of everything your looking for. Also because of its size you can usually get away from the crowds and find some good spots where no one is at which I appreciate.

One thing about Clearwater is that it has areas that seem to claim vehicles every year. Don't drive "willy nilly" on that lake if you don't know it. Good Lord. That is a dangerous lake. Check with BJ's, and use his road system!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bowkill78

I would say go to little Jim's.  I have been going there for 40 yrs and always treated right.  It's easy to get good info and blame someone else for a poor skill set.  Clearwater is awesome if you spend time learning it.  Do not try to drive from the west side to the East.  Narrows claim trucks.  Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BrandoKing
15 hours ago, Tom Sawyer said:

One thing about Clearwater is that it has areas that seem to claim vehicles every year. Don't drive "willy nilly" on that lake if you don't know it. Good Lord. That is a dangerous lake. Check with BJ's, and use his road system!!!

I have been out there a few times this season. The ice seems pretty thick (17-18") but there are some people out there driving way to fast in my opinion. I would guess 30 mph! Cant be good!

• Thanks 1

Borch

Other good options include Limestone, Indian, Ida and Cedar.  All are good panfish and pike lakes.

• Thanks 1

MyDogRyder

Thanks everyone. I’m hoping to get out soon, but the temperatures are keeping my little guys cooped up in the house until it warms up. And of course this last warm up I was traveling for work...

workin4bait
On 1/11/2018 at 10:02 PM, bowkill78 said:

I would say go to little Jim's.  I have been going there for 40 yrs and always treated right.  It's easy to get good info and blame someone else for a poor skill set.  

Well when you stop to buy a duck stamp and they ask what is the hurry and you tell them it is because the season starts tomorrow and they tell you it does not start for two weeks, when in fact it starts the next day, how can that be "poor skill set"????????? Or you go in and buy an over priced Lakemaster map with two of your young daughters and ask about some good spots to try and they respond "go anywhere and you could catch a fish". I will take my money someplace else and steer people away from places like that!

hydro

For a good kids spot, try Maple lake off of the Hwy 55 access. lot's of 6-10'; water, weeds, and good area to look for pike and sunfish. Put out a few tip ups and let the kids run around. Also, H&H Sports has bait just up the hill and they may have info on what is biting.

SpearPike

Maple Lake is great and so is Clearwater just stay away from the crowds and find a sharp weed line.

kdawg00

If you have questions Do Not go to Little Jims, Every time I've stopped in for bait (many times). After I walk out I say I'l never go to that place again, Poor customer service and don't even bother to ask any questions. Unless your one of their buddies you will never get any tips or info.

Just Sayin'... let your conscience be your guide.. 

• Like 1