• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

monstermoose78

When January 27  9 am 

where Blue lake

crappies are the target but I can point to other kinds of fish.

please bring treats and this for people of all ages. 

• Thumbs Up 1

eyeguy 54

sounds great, hope to get there. @IceHawk  @BassThumb @smurfy

monstermoose78

I will try to find some active fish for us

• Thumbs Up 1

leech~~
1 minute ago, monstermoose78 said:

I will try to find some active fish for us

Just for eyeguy, the rest may just be talking to each other while he runs in circles around everyone! ;)

• Haha 1

monstermoose78

But his bucket will be full

eyeguy 54

I learned that madness from @Rick G ...  LOL  

working hard everyday to be a legend in my own mind. :) :Yes:

will try and remember to bring grill and smoked deviled eggs

• Thumbs Up 2

eyeguy 54

@leech~~   bring LOTTSA beer ! ! ! ! !  LOL 

monstermoose78
Just now, eyeguy 54 said:

Rootbeer

• Thumbs Up 1

eyeguy 54

or cream soda. :) 

knoppers

Image result for not your dads beer

• Thumbs Up 2

leech~~
11 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Can do. 17 old cans from last year!  Born on date, What?  :grin:

• Thumbs Up 1

eyeguy 54

bring a portapotty 

eyeguy 54

really cold out leech so make sure you wear 2 pair of PJ's to walmart saturday! 

Wanderer

@monstermoose78

Thanks dude but that’s the day of the Jaycees Extravaganza.  I’ll be on Gull.

I’m sure you’ll find some good uns!

monstermoose78
1 minute ago, Wanderer said:

@monstermoose78

Well win big

knoppers
4 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

@monstermoose78

you will have to bring your own root beer then

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Borch

Well I've got the big prize locked down.  But there eill still be lots of nice stuff left for the rest of you at the extravaganza.

• Haha 1

MN BassFisher

@monstermoose78 Dang, this sounds fun Nick! I have wanted to hit Blue for 4 years now but we have a Ultimate Panfish League event out on the North Arm of Lake Minnetonka that day. I hope to see some pictures of some dandies from the event!

• Thumbs Up 1

Wanderer
8 minutes ago, MN BassFisher said:

North Arm of Lake Minnetonka that day. 

My old stomping grounds... :cool:

monstermoose78

Thanks mn bassfisher I hope you pull off another win on the upl!!!

MN BassFisher
21 hours ago, Wanderer said:

My old stomping grounds... :cool:

It's a very nice area!

20 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Thanks mn bassfisher I hope you pull off another win on the upl!!!

Thanks man, that's the goal! 2 years ago when the UPL fished the North Arm we set a record for most teams bringing in a limit (7 Crappies, 7 Sunfish + a bonus fish if you have 7 & 7 (either Crappie or Sunfish). 28 of the 30 teams brought in a limit that day which is astounding compared to the other events I've fished over the last 4 seasons. There's a ton of fish in there and you need to catch a lot of fish in order to get the size needed to cash a check or at least that's how it was 2 years ago. Should be another fun event! The Crappies will likely be much bigger on Blue though ;)

eyeguy 54

I nogo. Gotta pic up kids at airport

monstermoose78
7 hours ago, MN BassFisher said:

It's a very nice area!

Thanks man, that's the goal! 2 years ago when the UPL fished the North Arm we set a record for most teams bringing in a limit (7 Crappies, 7 Sunfish + a bonus fish if you have 7 & 7 (either Crappie or Sunfish). 28 of the 30 teams brought in a limit that day which is astounding compared to the other events I've fished over the last 4 seasons. There's a ton of fish in there and you need to catch a lot of fish in order to get the size needed to cash a check or at least that's how it was 2 years ago. Should be another fun event! The Crappies will likely be much bigger on Blue though ;)

I will bring you some 

monstermoose78

Thanks @tview for coming out today. 

F467C775-DFE5-4690-A855-26FBC9343251.jpeg

93B08624-7DEF-4E1F-B8E2-BA770727B7AF.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • cg2
      By cg2
      Hello all,

I am new to the area and don't know where to begin fishing. I'm looking for a lake around Mankato that has walleye / crappies in it. I would like to make it out a few times this fall yet and then hit the ice hard. Any advice on what lakes to start with? There's so many that I don't know how to choose which one to go to. 
    • Jesse Wilkins
      By Jesse Wilkins
      Hey fellas, I developed a free fishing phone app for my fellow fisherman. It’s called FishIQ. I broke down 10 species by their location based on the water temperature. So if you’re looking for quick pointers or interested on where to find other species throughout the seasons give it a try! Hopefully it leads to more fish at the boat!
    • Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 😃
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      So if you are like me and have a jig addiction please help. I am looking for 3 mm sized jigs with bigger hooks. Why you ask I have been fishing lakes with big gills, but also have big crappies. Those tiny hooks on the 3 mm jigs just don’t seem to hold those crappies as well. I found the clam xl jigs but they are between 3.75-5 bucks jig. Anyone know where to find some small jigs with bigger hooks please let me know. Would you all be interested in finding jigs like this as well. Thanks 
    • Tablerocker
      By Tablerocker
      In preparation for mt first trip to the Boundary Waters, I decided we might need a good, lightweight fish cradle to land the giant pike we're so sure to catch there. I shopped around and decided I could make one as good or better than what was available. After buying the materials needed, I ended up with enough to make more of them than my group needed. I'd like to trade for hook remover, jaw spreader, lure packs, or most anything useful to some rookie pike fishermen. I'll consider just about anything. 
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• CJH
      Fished a small west metro lake this afternoon.  Shallow was 6-7 inches, about 5 inches out in the middle, good solid ice.  This lake locked up early and didn't get messed up by wind or warm temps.  I drilled holes as I went just to keep checking the ice, since it was our first time out for the year.
    • Wanderer
      I stayed on the ice this afternoon and out of the woods.  I watched the sun fade with the last day of the ML season with mine in the truck at the access.   The darndest thing: the fishing was terrible.  Kept hoping I’d find em or it would pick up in the evening.  Neither really happened. 😔     Still, it’s been a good hunting year.  Thanks all of you that shared your season here!
    • monstermoose78
      I go bare hands
    • leech~~
      You may get two of these warm and waterproof, or waterproof and dexterity but you may be hard press to get all three as dexterity is hard to get with the other two in a glove.  The best I have been able to do is some Duck hunting gloves which aren't cheap. 
    • Spearing Machine
      Sunday evening report: Set up in 27 fow on 10 inches of ice off the West end of Ely island. I  fished from 2:40-5:00 tonight. Caught 4 and missed 2 more on the set line. Tossed everything back, about an 8 , 11, 13 and 15 inch fish. One on set line with plain red hook and chub near bottom and 3 jigging (one on a macho minnow and 2 on a flyer). Had a couple other good marks that didn't commit. Lots of wheeled/skid houses pulled out this weekend all over Mckinley/big bay area. About 3-4 inches of snow so good for travel with sleds or wheelers.
    • Wanderer
      Yah, that’s a tough situation @Kettle.  Neoprene are pretty much the trend but they still aren’t magic.  I bought a pair of diving gloves and they’re much better than any standard fishing glove.     I bet those Simms are nice.   Try to find a pair that fits well but aren’t too snug, and possibly have a breathable back.  
    • Wanderer
      Agreed, there always seems to be some geese over wintering.  I continue to see geese flying around and roosted in open rivers.  Swans too.  Had a pair circle me tonight while I was ice fishing.  It’s getting to be an ordinary thing - seeing swans in the winter.
    • GeluNumber1
      Went out last night for sturgeon. Considering it was my first outing of the year, I did okay with a couple sub-30" fish. Saw some dandies.
    • Mike89
      '   that's what i did in the end....
    • Kettle
      It's making ice but there were some pretty large open areas tonight