• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

MN BassFisher

Mille Lacs | Highs and Lows (Video)

MN BassFisher

My buddy Tony (@bassfshin24) and I hit the road after Christmas to go and chase some Walleyes on Mille Lacs Lake. We had plans to fish shallow structure during the low light hours and then head out to deeper structure during the day using an ATV. Day 1 the temps had warmed up some from the recent negative temps but we were surprised to find a very slow bite. The slow day was topped off by some ATV problems which left us scratching our heads on what to do for Day 2. As it turned out our options were minimal so we decided to pull out on the lake by hand to some shallow structure. It was -15 when we hit the lake but we were greeted by a bunch of hungry Walleye!

Jmlsmp

Cool video what were you using for a camera? 

MN BassFisher
6 minutes ago, Jmlsmp said:

Cool video what were you using for a camera? 

Thank you! I have a GoPro Hero 3 (the one capturing overhead angles) and then a GoPro Hero 5 (the one on the headstrap). 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jesse Wilkins
      By Jesse Wilkins
      Hey fellas, I developed a free fishing phone app for my fellow fisherman. It’s called FishIQ. I broke down 10 species by their location based on the water temperature. So if you’re looking for quick pointers or interested on where to find other species throughout the seasons give it a try! Hopefully it leads to more fish at the boat!
    • Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 😃
    • JasonG917
      By JasonG917
      Hello everyone. I have been fishing my whole life, just not much walleye fishing. I bought a boat a couple weeks ago and I’m not having much luck. I normally troll with Rapalas and I have tried bottom bouncers with a crawler harness with little luck. I don’t think I’m running the bottom bouncers right because I get snagged almost every time. I’m sure I’m doing it wrong. I usually fish Island Lake or Fish Lake. Any help or pointers would be awesome! Thanks
    • AdamT
      By AdamT
      I have a week trip planned for opening week on the big pond.  Should I reschedule?  I know the record ice out for that lake is May 16th. Does it look like that will be broken this year?
    • MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      A group of high school buddies and some of their family make an Annual trip up to Baudette, MN to fish Walleyes on Lake of the Woods. I look forward to this trip every year! Since this is an Annual Trip we all put some money and bragging rights on the line for the Angler who can catch the biggest fish of the weekend, take home the Trophy & $500 Cash and call themselves "Mr. Walleye" for the year. It was a tight race going into the last day with not many Slot Fish caught but one bite is all it takes...

• Pat McGraw
      By Pat McGraw
      Has anyone targeted whitefish on Vermilion, specifically Frazer Bay? Any tips?
    • RiverChuckNorris
      By RiverChuckNorris
      My first foray into tv land.  Grant invited me to co-host an early ice episode on Mille Lacs last week.  We showed up like any weekend warrior with no intel and proceeded to try to figure the lake out.
      This is just the teaser.  The full episode will air in January and then be available on Superior Angling's YouTube channel.
      Give it a share/like if you enjoy it.  Thanks in advance!
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• monstermoose78
      Finn and I are up trying not wake the wife. Been up since 2 am even as a kid i did not get up this early for Christmas. Stay safe everyone. 
    • Carp30
      Cliff, my family and I will be making a weekend trip next weekend to try for some walleye's for the first time at lake vermilion. Any tips as to what technique to use? I hope we are coming up at a decent time. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much we shall will report back.
    • Dan Foshay
      Anyone hear how fishing is on Rush lake for musky? Thanks
    • Bryan P
      Been awhile since I posted, busy summer but finally got the kayak back out on the Mississippi to chase after them fall smallies. The bite was really good and managed a new personal best at 21"! Bait of choice is my wacky worm, they never can resist! I'll be chasing these till ice is on the lakes. Best fishing is right around the corner, goodluck everyone!    Video:  https://youtu.be/PJOZITB0ol0      
    • Mike89
      I know Finn will,have fun for sure!!!👍
    • monstermoose78
      I got a lab stuck to me, because he saw the shotgun come out. Decoys check, gun check, 83 shells check, decoys check, head lamp check, Finn check, clothes set out check, ducks ?
    • monstermoose78
      Good luck duck hunters !! I will post how river rat and our group does.
    • Satchmo
      Was up last weekend to Kab, and fishing is very good right now. We caught a lot of walleyes (lots of smalls) on jig & minnow, and got in to a lot of Crappies as well. Have fun! The bite is on.
    • Fishouttawater
      Appreciate it barbel. Any info is good info this time of year. Head up in 4 days. I think all the fisherman are all haunting the woods instead of the water right now. Thanks again
    • ANYFISH2
      Love it!!   Great video and fishing partner.