• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

No dumpster at Rogers

jb426

19 hours ago, ozzie said:

and that is "straight cash hommie!" 

Oh come on now... we all know every $20 is ran thru the register and accounted for at income tax time!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 9 months later...
On January 4, 2018 at 12:57 PM, aczr2k said:

I think its ridiculous that anyone that runs a road access and charges $20 per vehicle is not required to have a public use dumpster for their customers.  One day alone road access fees can bring in what $10k to $20k? on the conservative side.  Can't tell me they aren't able to afford a dumpster.

After reading all the post and having gone to upper red once a year sometimes twice (Started renting shacks then got a wheel house 3 yrs ago) for the past eleven years. I find this entire thread and topic somewhat laughable. The locals and resorts seem to complain about an issue they've brought upon themselves. I kinda agree with the post you've put up to a point. 

Here is my view.....maybe it is wrong. I drive 7+ hours from Northwest Iowa pay the fees to fish in Minnesota for a couple days. Pay the resort fees for roads, pay for services at the resorts. I tend to buy fuel, bait, propane, and food at the places we use, and sometimes other services. These people make a living using the lake to BRING the business to them. Then when they get the people to the lake and get some money flowing and are having success with people showing up.......the big problem is trash......Seems pretty simple to me if your a resort......figure out trash management for you customers. They showed up and are using the services you provide. A simple $5 tagged onto a road fee with avalible dumpsters could solve the problem. I actually have never had any issues with trash on my trips....so I'm a bit supprised by all this. I mean people are going through the resorts for services and willing to pay. If $5 was a deal breaker.....then why wouldn't people just go out of the public acess points, and not pay any resort fees.

The first 7yrs the guide we use had a trailer on the lake and had his customers throw tied off bags of trash in it. Then he disposed of it. The last three years with my shack the resort we went out of had a dumpster to throw the trash in. I'd gone out of JR's Access, West Winds, and Rogers. When We came off the lake we stopped in and asked if we could throw our trash away....they always said yeah put it in the dumpster. 

20 hours ago, Agronomist_at_IA said:

I find this entire thread and topic somewhat laughable. The locals and resorts seem to complain about an issue they've brought upon themselves.

What you are forgetting about is that a very, very small percentage of the people living in Beltrami County make any money from the fishermen on URL. Many of the people making money off the fishermen on URL do not even live in Beltrami County. But ALL residents of Beltrami County have to pay to clean up the garbage left by the fishermen. If a person owns property on the shore of URL how do you suppose they feel about having to continually be picking garbage up off from the beach? If a person lives 10 miles from URL how do you suppose they feel about having to pick up the garbage from the highway ditch in front of their home?

• I Like it 1

8 minutes ago, kelly-p said:

What you are forgetting about is that a very, very small percentage of the people living in Beltrami County make any money from the fishermen on URL. Many of the people making money off the fishermen on URL do not even live in Beltrami County. But ALL residents of Beltrami County have to pay to clean up the garbage left by the fishermen. If a person owns property on the shore of URL how do you suppose they feel about having to continually be picking garbage up off from the beach? If a person lives 10 miles from URL how do you suppose they feel about having to pick up the garbage from the highway ditch in front of their home?

Kelly come on....I live by the Iowa Great Lakes.......and can say the exact same thing you posted. While people may not directly make money from them....money is being spent and brought into the county which was not generated in the county helping the county and people in the county. 

I get the "trash issue " no matter what is done people will litter. It will never stop. It needs to be managed, the situation isn't unquie to Upper Red, it's just not managed at upper red like it should be. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 months later...

$5 bucks is cheap especially if you are fishing with say 4 guys...$1.25 each. No excuse to leave your trash out there for someone else to clean up. Maybe all the Resorts need to increase their road pass fee $5 and include trash disposal? They are the point of entry/exit to the lake and could band together and make a big difference. I doubt it would stop anyone from coming up to fish.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Mustangsally said:

Too many people think "The government will provide for them".

and don't care!!  Or they it it to me!!!  so sad.......

I think there should be a law that says if anyone catches someone littering or tossing a stupid Cigarette butt out the window of the car and a person can get a pic of the person, person’s doing the offense should be made to clean it up plus pay a hefty fine and lose there  privilege of the outdoors up to 5 to 10 years. Depending upon the offense. And any poachers that get caught should get prison time plus  More hefty fines than  the DNR  pretty much gives them a slap on the wrist. I know it sounds harsh but we need to put a stop to the poaching of our wildlife and fisheries .

• Thumbs Up 1

Cigarette butt out the window of the car and a person can get a pic of the person,

Person should not be using camera/phone while driving.

• Thumbs Up 2

It is all about common decency.  It appears many believe the world is their toilet.  There is not much effort nor expense involved with hauling back what you hauled up.  

• Thumbs Up 3

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

yep, slobs will always be here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

To many people out there that have no respect for the law or the wildlife or the rest of the people who do. it is very sad to see what people leave out on the ice sometimes. I have had to pick up bags of garbage and a microwave that people have thrown out on my property before. I don't feel sorry for them when they get caught.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 1/28/2019 at 8:41 PM, Finns said:

Cigarette butt out the window of the car and a person can get a pic of the person,

Person should not be using camera/phone while driving.

Write down the license plate # report it to police. Then on the other hand there to busy to do that.

Yeah thats what we need citizen police.Too many issues to speak of there.The guy in one car doesnt signal his turn soon enough,this irritates the other cars driver next thing you know a guy gets a ticket in the mail for tossing some litter or a cigg butt out the window even tho all he did was not use his signal promptly enuff.Want to call me in for not wearing a seatbelt also?Taking your parking space?Someone sets their shack up too close to your spot makes ya angry,just toss a few empty cans near his shack snap a pic and boom he wont be fishing for 10 years cuz he litterd.I agree littering is a problem but promoting joe public into a ticket writing position is going to cause alot of trouble,way to ripe for abuse.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/1/2019 at 9:24 AM, expl said:

Yeah thats what we need citizen police.Too many issues to speak of there.The guy in one car doesnt signal his turn soon enough,this irritates the other cars driver next thing you know a guy gets a ticket in the mail for tossing some litter or a cigg butt out the window even tho all he did was not use his signal promptly enuff.Want to call me in for not wearing a seatbelt also?Taking your parking space?Someone sets their shack up too close to your spot makes ya angry,just toss a few empty cans near his shack snap a pic and boom he wont be fishing for 10 years cuz he litterd.I agree littering is a problem but promoting joe public into a ticket writing position is going to cause alot of trouble,way to ripe for abuse.

I guess in some way, shape or form we are all guilty of breaking some laws. Maybe if we try to hold ourselves accountable and lead by example, things might improve.