• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Phalcon148

Any reports in cotton area?

Edited by Phalcon148

SkunkedAgain

I saw these reports along the side of the road.....they don't appear to be fishing related though!  :D

Cabin'09-3b 001.jpg

Cabin'09-3b 002.jpg

Edited by SkunkedAgain
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

FishinCT

Thank you for posting. I always think about stopping to read these for some entertainment. About what I expected!

• Like 1

Cliff Wagenbach
3 minutes ago, FishinCT said:

Thank you for posting. I always think about stopping to read these for some entertainment. About what I expected!

Same here. That would of been about 45 seconds of wasted time!!

Cliff

• Like 2

delcecchi

They have been there in several incarnations for decades....

Wanderer

We stopped and read them once.  I know of another person around here that just can’t seem to find peace.

Bummer for them.

• Like 1

OhioVike

Maybe if they would just deliver his mail... all would be good in the world.  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Darrell Larson

It sounds as though they have bigger issues than just mail delivery. "Trespassing could result in injury" the mail person is reading this and they are thinking they don't pay me enough to do this delivery.

• Like 3

leech~~

Funny, I Googled Cotton Mn, just to refresh my memory.  This was one of the pictures that came up. :lol:

How would you like your little community to be represented by this! :(

Welcome-to-Cotton.jpg

eyeguy 54

2 a.m. leech could do a little repair... 

• Confused 1

OhioVike

I don't know, not getting your mail delivered to your door is a very egregious situation.  He also has a great sense of history indicating he has vision.  Letting us know he erected his sign in 2008 provides a vivid example of his powers.  He sees the future well...he gonna be pissed at somethin!  A bit of a Nostradamus.  

delcecchi

Been past there many times, never was able to read the whole sign since slowing down could get a guy run over.  Thanks.

Spartacus218er

Good for him making those signs I enjoy his views in a nutshell!

delcecchi

There have been signs there for a long time,   maybe 30 years?

SkunkedAgain

I took those pictures probably seven or eight years ago. If I remember correctly I was heading up north solo, and decided like many others that I'd never fully read the spectacle and would capture it for posterity. I've never met or seen the guy, but I'm sure it would be an interesting time if you drank a few cold ones together.

Speaking of Cotton, does anyone have a report on the El Toro lounge? I've always meant to stop in there but have yet to do so.

JerkinLips

I drive by there 20-30 times per year on my way up north and always wondered what they all said.  Thanks for posting them.  With the warning sign "Danger No Trespass Injury Very Likely" and the barbwire fence around the signs, I would not enter his property if I worked for the US post office or UPS.

• Like 1

Snook72

I have a cabin on a lake just outside of Cotton, there’s many good fishing lakes in the area, especially the one I’m on. I won’t say the name because I don’t want it bombarded. This fall it was routine catching 40-50 11”-13” crappies every afternoon. Would only keep a few for a meal, but talk about fun. As for the El Toro, it’s the typical “dive” bar and I don’t mean that as a negative at all, real people that if you needed something they’re more than willing to help. Food is from Wilbert cafe in the same building and is good home cooked eats. 

68F2765D-8452-44A1-93C2-029BE7170C0A.jpeg

• Like 3

SkunkedAgain

Thanks Snook. Sounds like my kind of place!

OhioVike

All I know about Cotton is playing basketball on that tiny floor. We used to simulate games on a shorten floor and anyone who turned the ball over due to a mistake on boundaries ran laps...  No matter how much better your team was the games were always close.  The fans were hilarious also.  They never intervened but didn't get out of the way either.  

• Like 1

Snook72

Idk anything about that, but I do know I’m glad My lake isn’t on anyone’s radar!

DLD24

I might know what lake your on Snook...A couple years ago I just pounded the 12-14" slabs in the pouring rain... Haven't been able to find them on the ice like that since.