• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Wanderer

Winnie winter 2018

Wanderer

So, I’ve been to Third River in early December ‘17 for some spearing and fishing.  We came across a few nice pike and were on 10-11 inches of ice.  I hear it’s running about 16 inches there now.

Checking resort websites I see there is up to 14 inches on the lake in other areas but I’m still a little leary about picking an area to spend next weekend on the lake. 

Has anyone heard news of the lake other than what I just mentioned?  Any fish reports?

smurfy

wish i could help you Wanderer, i'd tell ya to also check out the grand rapids area thread...........but that's a ghost town too. might see if highbanks resort has any info on there website, but think there more up to date on facebook......which i take no part of.

• Thanks 1

Wanderer

#avoidsfacebook2

• Like 1

Wanderer

We’re pulling some ideas together from various sources.  It’s been a little surprising how little traffic there is on Winnie these days in general.

eyeguy 54

Couple nice reports on FB from highbanks. You guys may need to join.....  LOL  

smurfy
38 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Couple nice reports on FB from highbanks. You guys may need to join.....  LOL  

I just buried my grandson yesterday, and from what my wife said some people posted/ when and what they posted, yea no thanks. I don't want to end up in jail.

• Sad 1

eyeguy 54

sorry for your loss. for sure some people have no class, just need to ignore that stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wanderer

Sorry to hear that smurfy.  And yeah, some people have no class.  

• Thanks 1

smurfy

Thanks guys, didn't want to derail this but some of the stuff my wife tells me on there is unbelievable.

Anyway, find anything out up there Wanderer??? Curious to hear.

Wanderer

Highbanks is just starting to plow roads; 16-18 inches of ice.

Denny’s had a walleye bite going but it faded with the cold front.  Perch available if you look for them.

Pike and perch 7-12 fow.

West side they just started driving on a couple days ago.  Rental fish houses going out this weekend.

Thats about all I know right now.

I have a truck with a V plow, 21 foot toy hauler, wheeler and porty ready to go.  2 augers and depth finders and some ambition.  We’ll see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

smurfy

good luck, the family cabin is about 40 miles a bit north and east of there. i had plans on heading up there over the new years weekend but obviously i had to change plans......that and the temps i wasn't going either. there are warmer weekends. been down that road......no fun when it gets that cold!!!!!!!!

smurfy

my bride said highbanks posted on facebook there reporting 15-18 inches of ice and 4 inches of snow on the lake. and there currently are no plowed roads. the resort will open Jan 3rd!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Wanderer

Sounds like there are still some hazardous areas on the main lake but roads are forming.  Predictably the bite is coming back with the warmer temps.

Good luck All, wherever you go!

Wanderer

Just getting settled in after the weekend.  Ugh!  That wind was brutal!  -20 temps on Friday night had us plop the wheelhouse pretty quick and we wound up about 5 feet too deep, which was really only 1 length of the house.  The silver lining was we picked up a couple nice ‘pout which we wanted.  A 17 in walleye and a perch made the bucket too.  The 22 in walleye had to go back.

Instead of just up from the 24 ft of water, we just went to another spot all together for last night and today.  The night bite was worse.  Non existent really.  But today’s bite was much better in 20 and hole hopping from 13 to 30 feet around the house produced a nice mixed bag walleyes, perch, pike and tullibees.

Shiners out did fat heads on set lines.  The perch and tullibees helped us get our jiggin fix.  

I’d say 20 inches of ice and about 32 degree surface temps. ;)

brownpe1027

Anyone know information on the Ice Rd going off of Trapp Rd? I know Beckers maintains it but looking for info on ridges in that area. Looking to get out to Sugar Bar area this weekend.