• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

CW03

Breezy Point Ice conditions

CW03

Hello, heading up to breezy point this weekend. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the ice conditions are off breezy point and or jones bay access on pelican? Debating if I should bring the wheel house. Thank you

ZachD

Had almost 13 inches on the 23rd of December 

That was measured in the circle

there was a couple big ice houses where the lines were and a couple tandem axels in the circle some 14 footers passed the circle trucks were going around all over in the circle as well

The ? by goose island there may be bad ice there I was on the sled pulling my trailer and there was a little pressure ridge and we got snow the night before and it looked like the snow wasn't being built up in a little area just a heads up I would use caution over there. There was a little wheel house south of the ? though

breezy.png

leech~~

ZackD, did you see any pressure ridges coming off the north side of Gooseberry island over towards Halverson bay yet?

ozzie

I was just thinking of possibly going out to that area one of the nights I am up this weekend.  thanks for letting me know of the ice conditions on that area.  sounds like I have a chance to drive out but prob won't since it is a relatively short walk

CW03

Thanks much! Appreciate the info. That helps me out.

leech~~

Hows that ice up on Pelican coming along?  Any ridges yet?

AlwaysFishing23

How's the Fishing been out there this year haven't heard a lot of reports?

leech~~
11 minutes ago, AlwaysFishing23 said:

How's the Fishing been out there this year haven't heard a lot of reports?

Excuse Me!  I asked for a Ice Report first!! :angry:  :P

CW03

I got up here Saturday and ice was exactly as zackd described with an extra inch or two of ice where I checked. Drove truck and wheel house without wheeler. Fishing was slow for me. I moved to lake Cullen with similar ice and fish fry! I will take a look today for ridges.

• Like 1

leech~~
1 hour ago, CW03 said:

I will take a look today for ridges.

Thanks. Mainly wondering about the ones that come off the north side of Gooseberry island over towards Halverson bay.

ozzie

I never made it out on new years weekend...got caught up towing vehicles with a buddy that lives up there.

CW03

Measured 15-1/2" of ice out of breezy point. There is a small ridge coming off the north west island point jetting toward the west (beach). There is a driving traffic road going south over the ridge but is flat and road pack solid where the road crosses. There is another small ridge mid way off the island jetting north and another small ridge at the north east corner of the island also jetting to the north bay going out several hundred yards. This is what saw this am. 

• Like 1

leech~~
8 hours ago, CW03 said:

Measured 15-1/2" of ice out of breezy point. There is a small ridge coming off the north west island point jetting toward the west (beach). There is a driving traffic road going south over the ridge but is flat and road pack solid where the road crosses. There is another small ridge mid way off the island jetting north and another small ridge at the north east corner of the island also jetting to the north bay going out several hundred yards. This is what saw this am. 

Wow, thanks for the report.  I always seem to find a spot to get the sled and porty across. It's just nice to know there out there if you head out in the dark.

AlwaysFishing23

Possibly coming up in the next upcoming weekends. Is there any good areas this year that’s producing a decent bit I’ve heard it’s been pretty slow so far? I know last year there was a good crappie bite in halverston bay but ended up sticking close to the resort and got a few gills. Looking for eyes and crappies if no real good bite thinking of heading to the southwest and trying the gull area. Thanks

AlwaysFishing23

I take it that it’s been pretty quite out there?

leech~~
20 minutes ago, AlwaysFishing23 said:

I take it that it’s been pretty quite out there?

Last Sat. ;)

IMG_3107.JPG

27183696.jpg

Edited by leech~~
  • Thanks 1

AlwaysFishing23

Those are some dandies! Well we may just have to stick around the area then.;)

• Like 1