• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

RiverChuckNorris

New Early Ice Mille Lacs video (Superior Angling)

RiverChuckNorris

My first foray into tv land.  Grant invited me to co-host an early ice episode on Mille Lacs last week.  We showed up like any weekend warrior with no intel and proceeded to try to figure the lake out.

This is just the teaser.  The full episode will air in January and then be available on Superior Angling's YouTube channel.

Give it a share/like if you enjoy it.  Thanks in advance!

Stick in Mud

Very cool!  I'll definitely check it out.  

How did you guys do?!? 

RiverChuckNorris

It was a tough grind, especially given the cold and windy conditions with high pressure moving in but we found fish.  Lost quite a few, including a couple BIG girls, mostly due to freezing reels/drags.

It was amazing seeing how much goes into making a show and how tough it is to get the fish on camera when you aren't banging one after another.  We caught 5 or 6 that didn't make camera just out of distance when we were in search mode.

Full episode airs in Duluth area mid to late January and then will be posted on YT/FB page of Superior angling thereafter.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 😃
    • JasonG917
      By JasonG917
      Hello everyone. I have been fishing my whole life, just not much walleye fishing. I bought a boat a couple weeks ago and I’m not having much luck. I normally troll with Rapalas and I have tried bottom bouncers with a crawler harness with little luck. I don’t think I’m running the bottom bouncers right because I get snagged almost every time. I’m sure I’m doing it wrong. I usually fish Island Lake or Fish Lake. Any help or pointers would be awesome! Thanks
    • AdamT
      By AdamT
      I have a week trip planned for opening week on the big pond.  Should I reschedule?  I know the record ice out for that lake is May 16th. Does it look like that will be broken this year?
    • MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      A group of high school buddies and some of their family make an Annual trip up to Baudette, MN to fish Walleyes on Lake of the Woods. I look forward to this trip every year! Since this is an Annual Trip we all put some money and bragging rights on the line for the Angler who can catch the biggest fish of the weekend, take home the Trophy & $500 Cash and call themselves "Mr. Walleye" for the year. It was a tight race going into the last day with not many Slot Fish caught but one bite is all it takes...

• Pat McGraw
      By Pat McGraw
      Has anyone targeted whitefish on Vermilion, specifically Frazer Bay? Any tips?
    • MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      My buddy Tony (@bassfshin24) and I hit the road after Christmas to go and chase some Walleyes on Mille Lacs Lake. We had plans to fish shallow structure during the low light hours and then head out to deeper structure during the day using an ATV. Day 1 the temps had warmed up some from the recent negative temps but we were surprised to find a very slow bite. The slow day was topped off by some ATV problems which left us scratching our heads on what to do for Day 2. As it turned out our options were minimal so we decided to pull out on the lake by hand to some shallow structure. It was -15 when we hit the lake but we were greeted by a bunch of hungry Walleye!

• Jory
      By Jory
      Not new to ice fishing but I can't seem to find the fish anymore around my neck of the woods in foley mn. so if anyone could give great insight of lakes times and maybe hints of baits and area of the lake would be awesome. 
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)