• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Rick

Ice Fishing Reports by Area in Minnesota

monstermoose78

Hearing 10-17 inches around Princeton 

• Like 1

Mustangsally

found 17 inches on Buffalo 1-7-17 and 20 inches on a smaller Annandale lake. Tight lipped today where we were.

• Like 1

icepike 1

Minnetonka 16" to17" inches of good ice trucks allover the lake. 

• Like 1

Alex wilhelmi

Hi all. I'm a newbie. And Iowan, but I love everything Minnesota. Ice Fishing is a short season here. I'm down by cedar rapids. Girlfriend and I are going to faribault this weekend to try some lakes. Any tips would be appreciated. I honestly don't keep many walleye back here, we imposed our own 17 in to 24 in all we keep standard. And it's helping the River in our area. At Least we think so.  Anyway, we're just looking for some good walleye and Pike action any bonus panfish too. If you could give us some legit pointers . That would make an awesome trip. Thanks again. Tight lines

God too many beers . We only keep 17 to 24 inch eyes

Rick
14 hours ago, Alex wilhelmi said:

Hi all. I'm a newbie. And Iowan, but I love everything Minnesota. Ice Fishing is a short season here. I'm down by cedar rapids. Girlfriend and I are going to faribault this weekend to try some lakes. Any tips would be appreciated. I honestly don't keep many walleye back here, we imposed our own 17 in to 24 in all we keep standard. And it's helping the River in our area. At Least we think so.  Anyway, we're just looking for some good walleye and Pike action any bonus panfish too. If you could give us some legit pointers . That would make an awesome trip. Thanks again. Tight lines

God too many beers . We only keep 17 to 24 inch eyes

Check out the South Central MN Forum. Click the link in the first post and ask your question in that forum.

Alex wilhelmi

Thank you! Good luck on the ice!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      A few friends and I decided to try our hand at something we've never done before - targeting Channel Catfish through the ice. This definitely proved to be a bit of a challenge and took me out of my comfort zone. After getting a few bites and fish up the hole we started to figure out a method that worked for us. I don't feel like it's the most productive way to catch these fish but it worked out for us that day. At the end of the day everyone in our group caught quite a few fish, had their rods doubled over and left with smiles on our faces. These fish put up a heck of a fight on Walleye gear! I will definitely try to get back up there this season.

• LaMarr Uhuru
      By LaMarr Uhuru
      So I'm fishing white bear lake tomorrow in 7deagree weather.
        I'l be there around 520am  
      LOOKING FOR WALLEYES CRAPPIES N PEARCH TO KEEP. WHERE IS AH GOOD SPOT TO START FISHING.   can anyone lead me somewhere goodg
    • Pat McGraw
      By Pat McGraw
      Anyone know of a good ice fishing lake near vermilion? Perhaps something with a hot panfish bite.
    • UncleKes
      By UncleKes
      I used to fish a small lake just north of Malmo on Milla Lacs at a town called Glen.  The Lake was called Clear Lake.  I have not fished it in quite some time and wondered if anyone has any information on it.  (Ice conditions, whats biting, etc.)
      I moved to St. Cloud a few years ago but thought it might be nice to ice fish the lake this winter.  I used to catch some nice stringers of perch, crappies, and sunfish.  
      Can anyone tell me if they are still selling bait at the Gas Station/RestaurantStore at Malmo?
      Any info would be appreciated.
      Uncle Kes
    • Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Got on a small lake in the Bemidji area to chase after some BIG panfish. Snowstorm came through and made them finicky but managed to pull couple topside for a pic. 5mm Tungsten jig tipped with a Trigger X mustache worm did the trick! Probably my favorite fish to catch in the winter!

• Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Got on a small lake in the Bemidji area to chase after some BIG panfish. Snowstorm came through and made them finicky but managed to pull couple topside for a pic. 5mm Tungsten jig tipped with a Trigger X mustache worm did the trick! Probably my favorite fish to catch in the winter

• monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      Went and checked the first ice lakes and found .5 inches to almost 2 inches. If you go out please bring a buddy and dry clothes.
    • Barrington
      By Barrington
      NOW BOOKING FOR THE 2018 ICE FISHING SEASON!!
      LIMITED SPOTS ARE AVAILABLE..

Barrington Lake camp will now be offering remote ice fishing for the very first time thanks to its unique train access. You can also come by ski-doo from the town of Savant Lake. Its a 30-45min ride.
      Ice fishing with us at Barrington r Camp will be one of the coolest fishing trips you ever experience! Pristine snow covered lakes in the rugged Canadian Shield. Remoteness! Where the fish are plentiful and tasty!
      During our ice fishing season, we use the main lodge for accommodations. The air tight wood stoves in every room keep you  toasty warm and the propane lights make it cozy and rustic.
      This is remote ice fishing at its best. At camp you will have a heated room, Wi-Fi, full kitchen with propane fridge and stove, a newly built heated outhouse, and electricity on demand to charge batteries and extra lights. A flat screen TV for hockey games is also available.
      We access numerous lakes by snowmobile, ATV and even snowshoes. We travel with portable ice huts to keep us mobile and on top of fish.  Water will be available through the lake but there will be no running water for showers.
      The fishing has been outstanding all summer long so why not extend it year round. Main species in the lake are walleye, northern, white fish, and some perch. There has been numerous 26"-30" walleye's caught on a weekly basis through out the summer. This camp and lake have been private up until this past summer. 90% of groups who came for the first time this year have already booked for next year. References are available.
      Limited spots available for ice-fishing. Only 2 rooms available in the winter months. You will have 1000's of acres of water at to your self.

******4 Man Sunday to Monday Special $600/Person******
      Included in the package..
      -Accommodations
      -Train tickets
      -Ice auger
      -Ice Shelter
      -Quad or Ski doo for traveling the late
      All you need is your equipment & Food. Our ice fishing packages are very flexible and can be customized to suit your requests. Come try one of our Northwestern Ontario winter getaways, ice fishing remote waters!
      The train departs either Armstrong Ontario north of Thunder Bay, or Sioux Look out Ontario 2 days a week. Its a 1.5 hour ride direct to camp from either direction. Dates can be re-arranged to suit your needs.
      Call or e-mail for more information.
      Tonnes of new reviews & references available from this year.
      Check out our website at
      www.barringtonlakecamp.com
      or our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Barringtonlake/
      Jonathan & Lyndsey
      807-584-2202
      807-407-4202                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      807-407-3997
      You wont be disappointed!! No one has been yet!
    • Dock Boy
      By Dock Boy
         Voyageur Park Lodge on Lake Kabetogama recently purchased brand new Ice Trek brand fish houses to rent on Lake Kabetogama.  The houses themselves are all aluminum with spray foam insulation, clean, warm and comfortable!  If your looking for something different from the usual LOW, Red experience check us out.  These are day use houses only and we will offer lodging at Voyageur Park Lodge.  We will only have one lodging unit open in the winter, so fishing parties will be the only guests at the resort, so lots of privacy and no other parties around.  Fish houses will be private out on the ice also! 
      We are excited to be the only angling houses on Lake Kabetogama!  If your looking for  something different let us know!
      Voyageur Park Lodge (Reef Runner Ice houses)
    • CarterJohn
      By CarterJohn
      Hello everyone I'm just looking for fishing reports in the BWCAW, Ely area. Thanks all
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• halad
      Hey Kelly can I fish of your dock opener
    • jkrash
      Your Right! after clicking on the picture a couple times and zooming in you can see the big white head of the male hooded mergaser.
    • leech~~
      Hey Joshua, May be post back in the morning when the owner of this site is awake and see if he likes the Free bait, buy later your selling. May be you can work out the sponsor-vendor deal with him.  I'll have to say posting late at night when site owners and most of the Mods are asleep is a good way to get some site and product views in before it's deleted. Good luck with the sales!
    • TBFOutdoors
      No not a sponsor or vendor. Not intending to do so at the moment. Just giving away the 2017-2018 edition of this guide. Don't forget to vote for your favorite fishery to help decide the best fishing spot in Minnesota for the 2018-2019 guide!
    • leech~~
      Are you an Approved sponsor-vendor of this site?
    • TBFOutdoors
      The guide is free. That banner applies to purchases on the site. Are you having difficulty getting your copy?
    • leech~~
      How BOT that. Says this at the bottom of the FREE guide!  Get 6 months to pay on purchases of $99+ Subject to credit approval.See terms
    • TBFOutdoors
      50 States of Fishing is a 100% free annual guide that displays the best places to fish in every state. This guide is available to every one for free via digital download. You can get your own digital copy here: https://www.tackleboxfishing.com/pages/50-states-of-fishing
    • kelly-p
      According to the Army Corp of Engineers weather station here in Waskish we have had a grand total of  1.29 inches of precipitation so far in 2018.  When we were burning the grass of there was still about 30% snow cover. The flames were hitting 10 feet high.
    • Wanderer
      Nice to see there might actually be some ice melting up that way! jkrash, those are hooded mergansers though.   I might’ve called out my first woodie sighting this year as one of those too.  But nah!  I know what I saw had to be woodie! Haha! Seriously though, I’ve seen more, and more variety of ducks this spring than ever  in my life.  The late lake ice outs have made the river a diver Mecca.  I think I saw a few with Ely or bust signs on em too!  The bulk of woodies have been in the Little Falls area for about a week, some for a couple.  The hoodeds have been here for at least a month. They’re all coming though!