• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

iiccee63

Ion ice auger blades....

iiccee63

Got a new Ion this year. Got it on Ebay for a huge reduced price. They told me the blades should be sharp right? It has been used a bit as a demo. It's a 10" auger bit and doesn't cut very fast. Am I just imagining this or?? I have had 3 Eskimos over 12 years and it's way different. They seem dull yet they feel sharp. Any comments?

Cliff Wagenbach

The 10 inch Ion will cut much slower then the 8 inch. you will also only get about 1/2 the number of holes per battery charge.

An electric auger (is) way different then a gas auger as far as cutting speed!

Even a very sharp blade will not cut right if it has been abused though! ???

I have both blades and only use the 10 inch in the wheel house. I use the 8 inch in the portable or while standing on the ice or searching for fish.

Cliff

BisoNation

Cliff.  so im gonna buy 1 today.

is it even worth the money if the 10 inch auger is so dang slow?

Hawg

Slow compared to what? It’s no slower than any other auger-strike master, elec drills, or any of the cheapies-for a 10 inch hole. If you buy a used auger there’s no guarantee the blades are going to be good at all, regardless of what they tell you. Just like any auger that’s not a chipper it doesn’t take much of a nick or imperfection to screw up blades. My ion has been fool proof with an 8 inch. I’ve thought about a 10 but it would only be for a few holes inside the house. You have to determine what you think slow is, and 8 inch ion compared to an 8 inch gas is only a couple seconds, if that. I have to believe the 10 inch against 10 inch would be the same.

BisoNation

ok cool, 

iiccee63

Wow...thanks for all the feedback. I am aware that the 10" is good for 800" of ice ect... I'm just not used it I think. It's plenty fast and it's like brand new btw. It just was 389 because it was a demo. And a side note... The reverse really does get rid of the slush very well. The hole is essentially clear after using reverse. Didn't think anyone used this site anymore. No one hardly posts anything. Thanks everyone.

Hawg

You’re going to love it. 10 augers are a whole different animal, not real versatile, but great in a house. 

Edited by Hawg