• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Bryan P

Got on a small lake in the Bemidji area to chase after some BIG panfish. Snowstorm came through and made them finicky but managed to pull couple topside for a pic. 5mm Tungsten jig tipped with a Trigger X mustache worm did the trick! Probably my favorite fish to catch in the winter

5a3d049fb3522_ScreenShot2017-12-21at7_34_11AM.thumb.png.359e8be05c9222ce768b717db3f4c5bc.png5a3d0498ab2cf_ScreenShot2017-12-22at7_10_54AM.thumb.png.1f8bc1c28176fbd968b234410cd6a23f.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Monkster
      By Monkster
      I wasn't exactly sure where I can post this, I believe there is a tournament/contest page also, but since it is ice fishing, I thought I'd post it here.

This is our 8th annual ice fishing contest held on Gervais Lake in Little Canada, MN. The lake is just north of Highway 36 on Edgerton street. We have parking in the beach lot and all around the beach area (walk out only). Portables are not allowed to fish in, but to use as a wind break is fine. We have lots of great fishing prizes including a Clam Stealth Thermal two-man, augers, electronics and many rod/reel combos. Tickets are $20 per hole (two hole max), register online or buy tickets at Joe's Sporting Goods, Hardware Hank Little Canada, Little Canada Bingo hall or Little Canada City Hall. www.lcraonline.org

• MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      I recently met up with my buddy Al to check out a small lake that I had never fished before (Al had only open water fished it). We didn't get to the lake until after sundown and we immediately started drilling holes looking for fish. It didn't take us too long to find an area that the fish were frequenting. We caught a couple fish and set up the flipover. We wound up getting into some nice Crappies and to our surprise some really nice Sunfish. I would really like to get back to this lake soon to explore some new areas and learn it a bit more as it definitely has quality fish!

• LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the main basin
      Good numbers of walleyes and saugers being caught of all sizes.  Jig one line, deadstick second.  Most anglers focused in 25-31' of water.  During the morning and evenings, shallow water bite in 13-18'.  Electronics very helpful with some larger fish suspended.  Every resort ice road is different but pickups and wheelhouses of varying sizes allowed on various ice roads.  Gold, glow red, yellow and orange hot colors.  Ice ranges from 12-20" where resorts are fishing.  Snowmobile trails on lake staked from south shore up to NW angle.  Please stay on marked trails, don't go off on your own and exercise safety precautions as ice conditions vary.
      On the Rainy River
      Stretches of the river and bay ice unsafe with heavier than normal current.  Some walleye action in Four Mile Bay early and late in the day.  Most river fishing currently being done by locals who know ice.
      The NW Angle
      Ice road is open from Young's Bay to Flag Island, no further as of yet.  Snowmobile trails from south shore across the lake to Angle are marked and are open.  Stay on the trail for safety!  Excellent fishing with good numbers of walleyes being caught.  Most fish coming from 18-24'.  Crappies being caught on Ontario side.  Work through resorts and stay on staked resort ice trails.

• Jake1
      By Jake1
      Hello fellow fisherman, does anyone know if there is any good ice in the Rochester area and surrounding cities? I do know that Foster has about 6in but still trying to get into better bodies of water.
    • Steve Lawrence
      By Steve Lawrence
      Going out tonight for some night action.  Was wondering if there were any ice reports or fishing reports in Anoka county lakes area. Thanks for the help guys. 
    • Natew48
      By Natew48
      Any word on lakes around mankato?
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      Well I have fished with enough guys to see a custom rod is worth it, so I got one of my own now. I know they are spendy but so are the mass produced ones. I ordered a Kichler Custom Rod I got a black ice that is ready to handle the light jigs I use. I might change the jig I put on it but gold is @eyeguy 54 go too and he can put some fish on the ice. From what seen this custom rod is much more sensitive than my snitch, so I will report back once I hit the ice.

• Rob Wilson Sr.
      By Rob Wilson Sr.
      FOR SALE
      2017 custom built "Skate Shack"
      19 feet long by 8 feet wide, a prize from the Minnesota Wild. Originally intended as a portable warming house/skate shack, It would not take much to convert into an ice house. Built on a drop down trailer frame
      Includes
      Electronic fireplace with remote
      (The lighting and fire change colors)
      42" television
      Sound bar
      Granite counter tops
      LED red and green pulse party lighting
      Minnesota wild branding throughout.  
      EDCO Arrowline Shake steel roofing
      Range Red Royal Celect premium vinyl siding.
      Interior cedar tongue-and-groove siding
      Torched cedar cabinetry and leather seats. 
      Convert it to a fish house, have it as a warming house or maybe the ultimate back yard man cave escape.  
      asking $15,000 or best offer.  PM for further details.  Currently it is sitting in Savage, MN.

I have more images if you would like to see.

[email protected]

• Jake Zeleznikar
      By Jake Zeleznikar
      I'm looking into insurance options for an Ice House and wondering what advice or recommendations anyone has on the best type of coverage. Also, if I want to be able to rent out my ice house when I'm not using it but not as an "outfitter" or "guide" would that be something that typical coverage wouldn't cover if a profit is being made since I wouldn't have the coverage that a company running as an outfitter would have? (Such as how normal car insurance doesn't cover an Uber driver when they are logged into the app and giving someone a ride because they are consequently on the road more often and making a profit.) Any and all information or recommendations would be extremely helpful!
    • MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      A few friends and I decided to try our hand at something we've never done before - targeting Channel Catfish through the ice. This definitely proved to be a bit of a challenge and took me out of my comfort zone. After getting a few bites and fish up the hole we started to figure out a method that worked for us. I don't feel like it's the most productive way to catch these fish but it worked out for us that day. At the end of the day everyone in our group caught quite a few fish, had their rods doubled over and left with smiles on our faces. These fish put up a heck of a fight on Walleye gear! I will definitely try to get back up there this season.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Borch
      Heard you on Horseshoe and then a bit further south.   Hope you had some luck and stayed warm. 
    • CigarGuy
      I didn't find it, just passing the info of a post I saw on Craigslist. One would think if they could access the information, it would be a done deal.
    • Codybrown
      Any reports on Grindstone lake? What have y’all been catching and what size?
    • leech~~
      Couldn't you find any contact info or was the battery dead?
    • Wanderer
      You’ll like em.  And these temps are exactly the reason to invest in gear like that.  I just spent the entire day out fishing in mine.  Temp topped out at 5; wind gusts and snow.  Half the time in the open and half in a poorly heated flip over.
    • CigarGuy
      Post on Craigslist that a person found a phone on North Center lake.....under sporting goods.
    • Tom7227
      Cars seem to be going to all areas of the lake.  Very light traffic.  I wasn't home this weekend so I don't know what was going on.
    • Parmer
      Shiners are hard to find right now. If you can get smaller suckers those worked good.  I fished 32ft off edge of mud flat last weekend. Everything we caught was on Bobber or rattle reel. Tried everything from tinglers to rippin raps last weekend for jigging, no luck.  The extreme cold did not help.  I usually do good jigging. I usually fish 3ft off bottom that deep.  Every fish we did catch was over 25 inches. 4 total the whole weekend. Missed a few others. Rattle reels worked well. Orange glow seemed to be a good glow Jig. 
    • Sunset Lodge
      1.21.19 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report, NW Angle of LOW,

Hello from the NW Angle!

We are making ice up here at Sunset Lodge and with fresh snow coming the trails should be in great shape.

In Minnesota, we are seeing really nice saugers mixed in with walleye in 26-29ft. Rippin raps and rattle baits are calling fish to the house during slower portions of the day. Pink and white remains the favored color combo. Work these baits aggresively as they will attract fish, mellow out as fish appear on electronics, then finesse them with a more subtle presentation to seal the deal.

Crappies continue to come in from Canada. Electronics are key with a small presentation such as a tungsten jig with a small piece of minnow. Walleye action is hot off points and reefs on flats between 24-28 ft. 

Until next week!
      Sunset Lodge
    • Parmer
      Liberty beach 20 dollar weekend pass with free drink token lol. I ended going out of hunters to the mud flats last weekend.  Didn't see liberty beach sign until next day. Not sure how far there roads go out. Hunters was having problems keeping roads open due too cracking.  But they always had options to get in.  1 hour to get off lake Sunday as center road was closed.  Lots of people going out and some of the people were driving too fast on the roads. I was going 10 mph hauling my wheel house and had a guy pass me on way in with a tandem so... It is was it is.