• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

monstermoose78

Get Together short notice

monstermoose78

Boom here it is everyone!!! 

When:  Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 10 am to whenever. I will be there earlier maybe 9 am , but I will confirm before if I can make before that. 

Where: Shakopee Lake Access by Onamia. 

Who:     Everyone is welcome to come!! Please bring treats!! This is a family friendly as well. 

Monstermoose78, Rick G, and Eyeguy will be there!! Please let us know who plans on coming. Please bring treats!!

• Thumbs Up 1

eyeguy 54

Thx for lining it up moose. Saturday so far looks to be a descent day. I will be bringing some venny meat stick pieces and some cookies. 

• Thumbs Up 1

monstermoose78

I will get something to eat not sure yet. 

eyeguy 54

location for parking

Shokopee.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

monstermoose78

Good call

eyeguy 54

get together in the X area. 

Shokopeeaaa.jpg

ZachD

Must be fishing around that sunken island

I thought this was the lake you guys were talking about I fish it alot

I only like it early and late ice now after everyone and there mother goes on it once you can bring a wheel house

gimruis

I used to fish Lake Shakopee regularly.  I did awesome catching largemouth bass there with good average size, and never had any competition.  A couple years ago, they did some construction upstream by the start of the river at the base of Vineland Bay for road construction and they had to drop water levels to do it.  The flow rate never came back to normal.  Then they took out Buckmore Dam in the state park at the base of Lake Ogechie which also altered the flow through that area.  I tried it once each the past two years and only caught 1 bass each time, in addition to about 40 pike.  Every single pike was the same size, about 20-22 inches.  Just snake after snake.  Slime city.  I think the alteration of the river flow through that area has permanently ruined the bass fishing there.

eyeguy 54

looks like 3 so far.  anybody else up for this? 

monstermoose78

Rick G

Might help if you post this in a few of the local forums too... mille lacs, Princeton, st cloud......  Maybe HSO side too

monstermoose78

Good call rick it’s in Princeton 

monstermoose78

Got I will work on hso

Wanderer
19 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Thanks for the shout out Moose.  I have plans to go out this weekend but to another lake.  I’ll ask if the other party wants to stick to those plans or head east instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

tview

Thanks Moose . how much ice looking to bring wheeler?

• Thumbs Up 1

ANYFISH2

I have Hockey travels Saturday, good luck guys.

monstermoose78

There was 7-10 inches last weekend 

monstermoose78

Cret Jigs

Good chance I will be there after 1pm.... thanks for putting this together.   Plan on bringing 4 wheeler. ... and hoping Daughter can make it :-)

• Thumbs Up 2

monstermoose78

@MJ1657 @Rick @leech~~ 

Everyone come on you pick some great minds! 

• Thumbs Up 1

eyeguy 54
1 hour ago, Cret Jigs said:

Good chance I will be there after 1pm.... thanks for putting this together.   Plan on bringing 4 wheeler. ... and hoping Daughter can make it :-)

you might need to drag me back after I eat all the treats! 

• Thumbs Up 1

leech~~
1 hour ago, monstermoose78 said:

@MJ1657 @Rick @leech~~

Everyone come on you pick some great minds!

Can't make this one but looking forward to meeting up on the next. I may even try moving around to catch some like eyeguy, instead of enjoying a nice relaxing sit in my chair and talking!! :grin:

I think I still have 17 cans of beer in my basement of the 18 can case I brought last year no one drank, I can bring again!! :D

Edited by leech~~
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1

eyeguy 54

just bring 1 or you will end up taking 16 back....  LOL 

• Haha 1

leech~~
4 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

just bring 1 or you will end up taking 16 back....  LOL

I don't even remember who drank the 1?  Sadly I had plans to do a Wild rice venny brat boil with the beer all summer at the camper but no one in my family was up for it!  :(

Edited by leech~~
  • Thumbs Up 1

eyeguy 54

now that

is just lame. lol 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• cg2
      By cg2
      Anyone know of lakes with decent shore fishing near Mankato? I've gone to North Shore on Madison Lake but can't find any shore on other lakes near by. Any suggestions?
    • John Schulz
      By John Schulz
      Looking for some fun easy Shore fishing spots. New to fishing as an adult, only fished when I was 10-13 in scouts. From California having moved to Moorhead Oct 18, just got fishing license for my wife and I. 

Bought some poles and gear and just wondering if anyone can point me in the directions of some great spots to fish off shore, as we do not have a boat. 

Thank you. 
    • MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      Day 1 up on Flag Island Resort brought us many Walleye, Sauger and Perch on the Minnesota side of Lake of the Woods. Day 2 however we went into the Canadian water to fish an area that has Walleye, Perch, Sauger and some REALLY BIG Crappies! This plan and location did not disappoint - I won't be forgetting this day on the ice!

• Trey Pipesh
      By Trey Pipesh
      Hey guys! 
      I have an older style marcum under water camera that is black and white and shaped like an older tube TV.  Last winter someone stole the camera part but left the TV.   Does anyone out there have a replacement camera or know where to get one? 
    • Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • cg2
      By cg2
      Hello all,

I am new to the area and don't know where to begin fishing. I'm looking for a lake around Mankato that has walleye / crappies in it. I would like to make it out a few times this fall yet and then hit the ice hard. Any advice on what lakes to start with? There's so many that I don't know how to choose which one to go to. 
    • Jesse Wilkins
      By Jesse Wilkins
      Hey fellas, I developed a free fishing phone app for my fellow fisherman. It’s called FishIQ. I broke down 10 species by their location based on the water temperature. So if you’re looking for quick pointers or interested on where to find other species throughout the seasons give it a try! Hopefully it leads to more fish at the boat!
    • Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 😃
    • Michael Endres
      By Michael Endres
      Even serious anglers get seriously lonely. Fished too many metro lakes and beyond to count. Fishing has always Kept me sane and sober, its what I and I do it well. Recently moved, wondering if there's anyone out there who might wanna swap some tips, tricks, and hopefully some big ones. Not very good at this kind of stuff but hey, what do I got to lose by asking?! 
      Thanks,
      M.E.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mtheis
      I am coming up there Sept 5 and staying a week.  I can hardly wait!  I want to get in on the trolling bite before it gets too late.  
    • BobT
      One of the reasons I decided to try them is size. Can't find shiners here and the fatheads are small, almost as small as crappie minnows. The light pike sucker minnows are 4" - 5" and with the water cooling down and the later part of the season, I'm thinking the size will more closely match natural forage. We'll see how things go. 
    • Wishin4Walleyes
      Went out of superior entry yesterday morning. Found some decent laker action. They were all on the small side and most all of them came in 52 fow on the riggers set at 45 ft. Ended up with 7 lakers and a bonus walleye. Had a lot of quick releases on the riggers as well so probably smaller Lakers. 
    • tacklejunkie
      One of the lakers had 14 pieces of minnows in it's gut!! And it still attacked my spoon
    • delcecchi
      By the way, we saw three nice bucks in a group on Wakemup Village Rd on the way home.  I was sort of surprised since They were clearly in a group, and I thought bucks were more solitary.    Looked like 6-8 pointers.    Good looking deer.    
    • tacklejunkie
      Went out late last week out of the Wisc entry and dropped a line in 55 feet of water and nailed one right off the bat before setting any other lines out. Trolled till 100am and we picked up 5 lakers and one nice walleye. Walleye went back.   Most on dipseys and one came off a  4 oz snap weight right off the back with spoons. No particular coleor
    • tacklejunkie
      Agree with the above. But I've also caught plenty of eating sized walleyes with them, also
    • Kettle
      I've used light suckers when I couldn't get shiners or rainbows and was going after bigger walleye and they did work. 
    • Wanderer
      We had bought bait for pike fishing last winter, well I sent my wife in to buy it while I fueled the truck.  Scoop of crappies and a dozen suckers for tip ups.  She came back with a scoop of crappies and a dozen light pike suckers.  Those are for pike, right?   We couldn’t get on the lake we intended to so went to plan B for walleyes with friends.  I “gave em a try” and was really impressed how well they worked.  I’ll definitely do it again.
    • delcecchi
      Went to Landing last night (Saturday).   Had reservations and got a nice table by the window.   Server was working hard but seemed like maybe she was new and over loaded.    My iced tea was served in a shorter glass, and the water was plastic cups.  Maybe the dishwasher was behind.   Food was good and served hot.   My burger was a little over cooked but not bad enough to make me complain to the place.  Just you guys.      Prices moderate.  They  had run out of artichokes for the artichoke dip...  Price was good.   Plenty food for me and mrs.     No alcohol, my buddy is on methotrexate and gets one beer a week.   His was friday at the cook vfw burger night which I highly recommend.