• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

birdguy

New regs next year (2018) for pike:

In the northeast zone, anglers will be able to keep two pike. All from 30 to 40 inches will require release and only one over 40 inches is allowed in possession. Spearers will also be able to take two pike but only one may be larger than 26 inches.

In the north-central zone, anglers will be able to keep 10 northern pike, but not more than two pike longer than 26 inches; and all from 22 to 26 inches must be released. Northern pike taken by spearing follow the same rules except one pike may be between 22 and 26 inches and one larger than 26 inches.

In the southern zone, anglers and spearers will be able to keep two fish, with a minimum size of 24 inches.

zonemap.jpg

• Like 1

delcecchi

Sad.  They will decimate the trophy pike in the NE.   And the 30 to 40 reserved for the spearers?  Is that true?  

MnMike58

I fish the southern zone. I only keep pike 19 to 23 inches. I return all pike not in my personal zone. The new regs will force me to no fish my favorite spots for pike.

At least for the southern zone I think the new regs stink.