• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

almost everything I've seen was open  yesterday. be lucky to have 3 inches by this weekend.  maybe by Monday or Tuesday if the weather holds up  we could have consistent ice.  I'm sure there will be a few out there this weekend, probably make the news, not in a good way.

good luck and stay dry.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
eyeguy 54

temps dropping nice nex week

Jim Almquist

The forum that you Holy carp posted in will have some good ice around but then again its not the cities but way up north.

• Thumbs Up 2

I went to O’Dowd yesterday and it’s froze over. A guy was out pounding holes pretty close to the middle of the lake. I’d say atleast 2in some places as much as 3-3 1/2in. I’m heading out for the evening bite today. I’ll put pics up of the ice and hopefully a few eyes.

good luck everyone!

Whoops wrong forum again. Sorry

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• 4KarpsFishin
      By 4KarpsFishin
      Fully locked up. 3-4" ice early in the bay
      Looks to have had 4 explorers out already, by seeing their sled tracks. 

• Holy carp
      By Holy carp
      I’m going out today after work to check ice on O’Dowd- anyone been out checking ice?
      ill put the ice conditions I find on O’Dowd today on here after I check. 
    • Ted Thornton
      By Ted Thornton
      I am renting a lakehouse on Lower Prior Lake early July with my family from CA. What recomendations are out there for some easy fishing that require the minimim of gear. Also any thoughts on trapping Crawdads....
    • Holy carp
      By Holy carp
      Anyone catching anything on any of these lakes? I've been out pike fishing on Pierson and auburn last couple of afternoons to no avail- went out for night bite on waconia sat 9th and have been skunked everytime. Cold front the culprit?
    • Troy Smutka
      By Troy Smutka
      - Subscribe to this fishing report.
      Ice conditions still vary greatly from lake to lake. While seven to ten iches of pretty good ice, due to our lack of snow cover, is common, still use caution.

Channel areas on Minnetonka, for example, may have much less ice than that. Walking, with or without a portable house like a Clam Fish Trap is a safe bet on Prior and Waconia, and many areas of Minnetonka. ATVs should be cautious, and I would wait to put out wheel houses, especially with another four day stretch of near-record to record temps that is upon us.

Panfish are biting on Waconia and Prior. They are working deep water already, 18 to 23 feet, probably due to no snow cover on top of relatively thin ice for this time of year.

Try the center of deep bays or coves, or the deep basin areas not too far from bays or shoreline points. We are catching bluegills all day, with peak time being early in the morning, and AFTER DARK.

Crappies are getting nocturnal, so try staying out after dark. Small jigs with waxies or micro-sized Gulp! are catching both, and a crappie minow under a float is catching crappies and even some waleyes and pike in these same areas. Good luck, and be safe!
    • AaronTC05
      By AaronTC05
      Had some luck with the bluegills on Lower Prior Lake yesterday afternoon.  Seems they were in pre-spawn mode possibly.  A few squirted when I was trying to unhook them.    Fished near weeds in about 10 ft of water and landed a couple of larger ones and a few mid-sized ones to fill out the pan.  Was using a panfish rod and slip bobber with a 1/2 night crawler on a bare hook.  Tried a few leeches also and caught a couple of small LMB.  Hooked int one large one that snapped my line on my panfish rod.   Might have been a little excited on that one. 
      Toward the end of my trip I pulled a bottom bouncer Lindy rig (blue spinner) with a nightcrawler and hooked into a 8 inch walleye and a small perch.  Seems like all species were biting yesterday, hope it continues!  There weren't many casts I didn't catch something.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• JP Z
      This was a complete mess of a year I will admit.  I know Moonlight had their grand opening for their new deck so they booted folks quickly from the normal weighin.  I heard the hockey kids normally help with weighin but they were out so some of the local pros came and helped.  But yeah, it was a mess for weighin.  Hot water lead to some issues for us keeping fish upright.  Ended in 11th but had 5th without that 1 dopey dead fish......  And for the record prefishing I only got 2 fish Friday so that wasn't what hekped it for us.
    • Shulsebus
      Those swimming bikes! Never caught one but I have heard rumors about them! Congrats on your catch haha
    • leech~~
      And Ely's not?  🤭
    • smurfy
      🙄 hey now!!!!!!!!!😆 except for one day the fish bit better then the bugs!!!!!!!👍
    • Stick500
      Most likely Bigmouth Buffalo fish. Actually in the sucker family. Many mistake them for carp due to their size and shape. That’s about the only thing that makes sense and they are native fish rarely caught on hook and line and they do spawn shallow. 
    • Rick
      It’s been a deadly start to the open-water season in Minnesota. As of June 16, as many as nine people have been victims of boating fatalities. That number, which is preliminary, marks the most fatalities at this point of the year in more than a decade. In addition, a higher-than-average number of people have drowned at places like beaches and swimming pools. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Rick
      It’s been a deadly start to the open-water season in Minnesota. As of June 16, as many as nine people have been victims of boating fatalities. That number, which is preliminary, marks the most fatalities at this point of the year in more than a decade. In addition, a higher-than-average number of people have drowned at places like beaches and swimming pools. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • monstermoose78
      I agree it’s yuppy town. Even with the cabin I only go up once a summer, but come fall I go there much more. You don’t have to fight the crowds in town but I am only in town to get gas and bait.
    • StateofHockey
      Things got so tough for me on Frazier bay Sunday I resorted to dragging the anchor which hooked into an old bike in 28 fow. Just as I was landing the bike it fell apart so all I got was the front tire. It's still out there swimming for some lucky angler
    • Kettle
      I'll be darn, I guess a blind squirrel does find a nut on occasion 😉

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.